Chapter 59

Robby's P.O.V.

It's now two weeks after Xera went into a coma and our baby boy was born. I still haven't given our baby a name but everyone is saying that I should. I want to wait for Xera so she can have a part in naming him too. After all, she is the one who went through almost all of the pain to get him.

Every day I would take our baby boy and go to the hospital wing to sit next to Xera's bed and wait for her to wake up. I can feel the internal debate going on inside of her when I'm near her. I just hope that she comes back.

I was told by the head nurse that our baby boy is going to be one of a kind. He's part wolf and dragon after all. She told me that he might even be able to transform into both when he gets old enough. But until he reaches the age of 15, he will only be able to transform into a wolf. A baby one at that.

I get out of bed and decide that it's time to take care of our baby. He stays in Xera and my room. Surprisingly, he doesn't cry at night. It's almost like he enjoys the night. He would definitely take after Xera in that matter. I know that sometimes she would get up in the middle of the night and just sit by the window looking out it. I guess he would take after me too then, I am a wolf after all.

I pick up our baby boy and take him over to our changing table to change him. He opens his eyes at me and I see these giant blue orbs staring back at me. He's going to be a very irresistible guy when he grows up. I change his diaper and get him all cleaned up. I put a little blue hoodie on him and some baby pants then grab his bottle. The only way this kid will eat is if you're walking around with him. Some of the things you have to do to get babies to eat. I feed him some of what's in the bottle and start walking towards the hospital wing. I see almost everybody from our group on my way there. Everybody loves our baby. Stereo gawks over him every time she sees him. She also comments on how much he looks like his mother.

I finally get to the hospital wing and sit down. Thankfully, he finished every bit of food that was in his bottle. I really don't see how kids can eat that stuff. I sit in the most comfy recliner that I have ever known and looked at Xera. Still no change. I wonder if she's gone.

I start to rock back in forth in the chair, hoping that our baby will fall asleep. After nearly a hour, he passes out and you can see a little snot bubble coming out of his nose. I chuckle quietly to myself then get a rag out of our baby bag and wipe it off him. I lean back in the chair and look at Xera. I miss her terribly. I hope she makes it through this. She's tough.

Me: I love you Xera, with everything in my being. Please come back to me, my love.

A few minutes pass until I start to get sleepy. I lean the recliner back and close my eyes. I must have fallen asleep.

I wake up to a beeping noise and wonder where I'm at. Oh yeah, I'm at the hospital wing sitting next to Xera's bed. Wait, beeping..Xera... XERA!!!!

My eyes fly open and the first thing I look at is the monitor. It's flat lined. Oh god, oh god. Please tell me that she's not dead. I look at the bed and realize that Xera's not on it anymore. I shoot up out of my chair and look around in a panic. Then I spot her, with our baby boy. I didn't even notice that our baby wasn't in my arms anymore. I feel tears slide down my face and a smile appear. She came back to me.

She looks up at me and smiles.

Xera: He's beautiful, isn't he?

I get a giant smile on my face. Her talking just confirmed that she is still alive.

Me: Yeah, he looks just like his mother.

Xera: No, I see that he has your nose, eyebrows, and chin.

Me: But he has your eyes and hair.

I walk over to her and pick her up. I sit down where she was sitting with her on my lap.

Me: Why didn't you wake me up?

Xera: Well, you just looked so tired. Plus, I figured the beeping would've woke you up eventually.

Me: Yeah, it woke me up. It also made me freak out. I thought I lost you.

Xera: Nah, I'm not leaving that easily.

I kiss her cheek and cuddle her closer to me. Our baby was sleeping peacefully in her arms. I think he's happy that he finally gets to meet his mom.

Me: So what do you want to name him?

Xera thinks deeply for a minute and then a smile comes to her face.

Xera: How about Tegan?

Me: I like it. It fits him.

Xera nods and we both smile down at Tegan. Tegan opens his eyes and looks up at us both with a giant smile on his face.

Xera: Tegan it is.

_________________________________________________________

Hey guys. This is the ending of  Dragons vs. Wolves.

I hope you all enjoyed the book.

I have no idea whether or not I'm going to make a sequel and make Tegan the main character.

Let me know what you think.

Vote, comment, and add to your reading list.

Also, feel free to read any of my other stories.

Thank you, my lovely readers.