Chapter 27

Issi's P.O.V.

A couple days later

Xera's passed out and hasn't woken up from that attack yet. Dylan took care of Lance and his pack for a little while then came back and helped me bandage up Xera. Stereo had Robby all taken care of and in bed by the time we found Xera so we didn't have to worry about him. She said that it looked like someone took a board to the back of his head and then whacked him in the face with it afterwards. So he has a black eye, a broken nose, and scratches and bruises everywhere. Xera had part of the back of her neck torn off and I can just feel her dragon screaming in pain because she overdid it.

She's not even full grown yet. I'm happy that both me and her got suspended because she would be missing a lot of days of school. I think I should go talk to the secretary and tell her that Xera isn't in the best shape and won't be able to come to school for a while. I have been sitting next to the bed that Xera's in and just waiting for her to open her eyes. It gives me time to think of how I'm supposed to tell her about her future even though that stupid wolf already told her most of it. I hear the door creak open and Dylan peek his head in.

Dylan: How's she doing?

Me: The same.

Dylan: Robby's awake. He can tell something's wrong.

Me: Mutt has good instincts.

Dylan: Should I tell him about Xera?

Izabella skips in and pushes Dylan through the door and walks to Xera slowly. She bends down and looks at her.

Izabella: Yup, still out. Now I know what to tell Robby.

She runs out of the room and leaves me and Dylan with wide eyes.

Me: Go after her!

Dylan starts towards the door when we hear yelling in the background.

Robby: WHAT! WHO HURT HER!

He doesn't remember? Well, I guess he has an excuse not to. That is a pretty nasty little bump on his head. Then we hear more yelling.

Robby: WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FACE!!!!!

And Izabella laughs in the background. She is so cruel.

Me: Well at least Robby only missed one day of school. Better tell him to go get ready.