Chapter 43

Robby's P.O.V.

They really are relentless! I knew I heard Jared complaining about it earlier but everytime we seem to catch a break, they find us and attack us again. They told us that we have to learn to fight in human form so if we change into our wolves then they will change into their dragons and then we will be massacred. I peak around the corner when I hear someone breathing next to me. Well shit. I turn to see Xera standing there with a smile on her lips. She looks sexy...that is until I realize that she isn't out of breath at all and here I am panting. She drops down and sweeps me off my feet, flips me over so I am on my stomach, then twists my arm and pins it against my back. Yes, I just got pinned by my girlfriend in less than 2 seconds.

I suddenly get released and look up to see Lance. Xera is flying across the garden but pulls a ninja flip and kicks off a wall coming back towards us. I think she's having fun. Lance suddenly yanked me to my feet.

Lance: Come on! If you take this seriously then we might be able to pin her and get today's training over.

Yes, the deal was that if we can either pin Xera or Stereo then training ends. At the time it seemed easy! Don't judge. Everyone miscalculates when it comes to fighting girls. I will never do that again.

Xera comes running toward us and for a minute, I actually lose her until I hear an oomph beside me. Got her. I grabbed her around the neck in a headlock and then fell backwards onto the ground. She didn't move for a second so I thought I actually hurt her. Then I feel a sharp pain in my side and realize that she just kidney punched me. I start coughing and trying to catch my breath again. She gets out of my headlock with ease and walks toward Lance again who is still on the ground but trying to get up. I suddenly hear a horn and some cheering. Xera walks toward Lance and helps him up. Then she comes towards me and sits on the ground next to me.

Me: What happened?

Xera: Someone pinned Stereo. My guess is Darrek since she would only let her guard down around him.

Me: Oh. Did you know that you punch really hard?

She starts laughing and I immediately feel my spirits lifting. Lance walks past us to go back to the castle. I think he's going to take a shower.

Lance: And you wonder why we never won against them?

Xera: Because you don't know how to fight. You couldn't even get a hit in on me.

Lance: You have had more training so shut up.

Xera: Do you want another shot? I won't go easy on you this time.

Me: Relax you two. Lance, hit the showers. You need it.

He left me and Xera there. We just sat there and she gave me some tips for fighting tomorrow so I would learn better. I don't care if we are this close or across the city. I'm happy just being able to see her smile again.