Chapter 23

Issi's P.O.V.

I heard some rustling in the bushes and seen Xera looking in the direction of the sound. That one kid from school walked out with two wolves beside him. Oh, those must be other wolves from his pack. I think I remember Izabella and Xera that that kids name was Lance. He walks closer and looks Xera up and down. I walk up and stand next to Xera so she doesn't feel intimidated by them. Now that I have my sister back, I don't plan on losing her anytime soon.

Lance: You're cute Xera. You look like you're finally growing up. Coming out here with a new boy toy? Robby wasn't enough for you?

Me: Hey, you're that loser kid I pinned up against the lockers earlier today!

I laugh and the smirk gets wiped right off his face. I think I liked rubbing that in that kids face. He looks like he needed to be knocked down a couple notches in the ego department.

Xera: Now are you guys skipping school or is it over? Because I really have to go pick up the rest of my friends and family?

Haha my sister is just like me. I think that Lance just gives off the vibe that he should get tormented. I was lost in my own thoughts because the next thing I know Lance is lunging at Xera. I think quick and run up and kick him to the side while he was in mid air. Another wolf must have been about to attack me because Xera blocked it and he ended up biting her arm. I was about to go help her when the third wolf decided to bite my hip, I think he was going for my stomach but he failed miserably at aiming. I start punching him in the head and he doesn't end up letting go until blood starts coming out of about 5 different spots on his body. Stubborn mutt. I got tired of him after he finally lets go and use my dragon strength to kick him back into the area where he appeared in the first place.

I must of hurt him pretty bad because he transformed back into a human when he landed then you could see that he was passed out. I seen Lance coming toward me and glanced at Xera when he was still stalking forward. She was having trouble fighting off the one wolf in her human form. The wolf that she is fighting must be one of the better trained one's unless her arm is just hurt to the point where she's trying not to use it. I must have watched her for a second too long because I feel backwards and I got a huge whiff of stench. Stupid wolf just tackled me. I decide to use this as an advantage. I smile up at Lance and than gave him a good kick to his chest that sends him flying off me. I'm getting tired of this fight. It seems to be taking forever. I see that Xera finally knocked the one wolf out and it was laying on the ground in front of her. She takes a deep breath and runs over to me. She grabs my hand and starts running back to the park with me in tow.

Me: Why didn't we just finish them off?

Xera: Not our job. My job is only to keep them from killing Robby, Aiden, and Kaden. Not kill them or hurt them too much.

Me: Why are you being like this? We could've just ended everything right then and there and those wolves could be moving out of your house soon.

We get to the park and she lets my hand go. She stands there looking in the opposite direction of me with her head down.

Xera: I don't want them gone.

Me: Why? They're just wolves?

She turns around and gets right in my face. She shocks me a bit by her sudden mood change.

Xera: They aren't JUST WOLVES! They're like family to me! Robby has been there for me when nobody else was! They aren't leaving even when we get done dealing with the other pack unless they absolutely want to!

She backs up and looks down. Then she mutters something under her breath. I think I just realized what's going on here. I go up to her and engulf her into my arms. I feel her flinch a bit from the pain that the wolf caused her.

Me: So how long have you liked him?

Xera: Basically since I saved him.

Me: Okay, well we better get going. The others will be waiting.

She nods and we take off running toward the school. I try to keep up with her but it's harder to since that dog bit my side. We arrive at the school in about 10 minutes.