One Fight is Not Enough

Xera's P.O.V.

Robby woke up and was laying on the couch barely awake. I walked over to him and brought him a glass of water then helped him sit up. I sat on the floor next to him.

His face looked curious until shock became the most apparent expression, "I... I saw.... A dragon!"

I figured that playing opossum was my best bet until I know for sure that there's no other way, "Umm..... what are you talking about?"

"I saw a dragon! It was in your backyard attacking the wolves that were hunting me! I know I saw it Xera!" he yelled. Well, there's no mistaking it.

"Is that why you were passed out in the backyard?"

"That I don't know. The last thing I remember was seeing the dragon roar and then I blacked out." He said, again getting overexcited.

"What did the dragon look like?" I asked.

"It was a white dragon, but it didn't look full grown yet. It was amazing. Do you think it was related to the dragon you saw a couple years ago?"

After he said that, I felt bad that I was keeping this from him. He was probably on the verge of going dragon hunting just to see if this dragon knew anything else about my past, "Probably. I have to tell you something."

Robby looked at me, his full attention on me, "Okay....?"

"That dragon a couple years ago was my dad."

"What?! It was?! No way. Then how do you know that the other dragon might be related to your dad? You might even be related to it." He stated, getting worked up again. I put my hand on his leg to try and keep him calm.

"I'm not related to that dragon..... I am that dragon Robby." The secrets finally come out.

Robby just sat there in shock. I felt like laughing because you could just see the wheels in his head spinning.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

I felt my heart break by hearing the disappointment in his voice, "I didn't want you to leave me and think I was a freak."

"Hello! I transform into a wolf. You really think that I would be scared of you being a dragon?"

"Yes! The only thing that wolves fear are dragons! You know that! Well you should, if you are a wolf." I stated the obvious fact.

"But Xera, I promised you that I wouldn't leave you."

I start to feel upset since he hit a soft spot, "Promises can be broken by fear! I know that from experience! You are the only one that I've been able to trust everything with since my brother disappeared! I didn't want to lose that."

Robby hugs me trying to comfort me because I started crying for absolutely no reason.

"I will never EVER leave you Xera."

I don't say anything back and just continue to cry into Robby's chest. He puts his finger under my chin and lifts my face to his and kisses my cheek.

"I care about you Xera. Nothing is going to change that. Not if you are a dragon, and not even if those other wolves take me away. I'll be with you for the rest of my life."

I stay silent and just squeezes Robby tighter.

"I don't want to lose you like I did my family." I mumble.

"You won't. I've only known you a couple days but it's felt like years and I'm completely comfortable around you." He reassures me.

I get up and wipe the tears off my face and smiles. Then I walk in the bathroom to take a shower. Robby waits until I get in the shower. Hopefully this will make me relax again.

Robby's P.O.V.

I go into the backyard to see all the grass torn up with foot prints and blood everywhere. I realize that this must be the damage that Xera could do when she was in her dragon form. So many things were going through my head, like why didn't she tell me that she was a dragon sooner? And did she not trust me with her secret? Why did I feel the need to promise her that I wouldn't leave her? Was that for her or me? Then I heard a crack and turned around and all those thoughts left my mind and my heart rate began to rise. I saw Lance, Jared and Darrek, but Jared and Darrek were in wolf form.