Tuck Your Tail and Run!

Xera's P.O.V.

It took us about twenty minutes to arrive at the clothing store, where I figured it would be easy enough to get Robby his supplies. However, by the time we got to the store, Robby was pale and had the handle of the door in a vulcan death grip. After he calmed himself, we got out of my jeep and headed into the store. I looked at Robby, who was daydreaming might I add, and just couldn't help myself. He wasn't paying attention, so I fell one step behind him and brought my foot up so I could kick him in his butt. He snapped out of his daydreaming and glanced around us, only for his eyes to lock onto me. Shock appeared on his face and I just smiled innocently at him.

"You kicked me?" He questioned, still looking shocked.

I let the laugh that I was holding in out and continued to walk into the store.  We were walking towards the back of the store, where all the men's clothes and accessories were. It didn't take very long to pick out what he wanted, considering they were all basically black, gray, or blue shirts and regular jeans.

I look at Robby's feet and see that his feet are cramped into a pair of old shoes that my dad had before he died. By the looks of it, Robby would be needing some new shoes too.

"Want some new shoes or are you having fun bonding with my dad's old pair?" I ask him, with a hint of a smirk on my face.

"Would it be too much of a hassle to ask for new ones?" he looked down at his shoes and shook his head. I can just imagine how uncomfortable they would be.

Now, you may be wondering why I can afford to buy Robby a whole new wardrobe. Well, before my parents died, we were millionaires. The huge cabin that I live in is already paid off, considering my parents bought it out it with cash when we first moved here. So all I have to worry about paying, is car and house insurance, property taxes every year, and any repairs to the house. Well, then food and new clothes when I need them. But other than that, my parents money just sits there.

I nod at Robby and we head to the shoe section of the store. On our way there,  a couple of other teenage guys walk by and push Robby into the rack holding some shirts. On first instinct, I turn around and punch the guy who pushed Robby. Robby's jaw drops as the guy fell to the floor. This triumphant smile appears on Robby's face as he looked at the guy on the floor who was holding his bleeding nose in his hand.  Next thing I know, one of the guys' friends walk up to me and stand right in my face. I stare at this guys' face and the smell of wet dogs hit me like a ton of bricks. I smile up at him and stand my ground.

"Leave her alone Lance. Just because she broke Jared's nose doesn't mean you can try and bully her around," Robby says, probably trying to defend me. But I want none of it.

"What's wrong big boy? I make your little groupie cry?" I taunt this guy, Lance.

"You really want to get involved in this little girl. I don't think you can handle it. But If you really want to stick up for your helpless boyfriend then bring it." Lance taunted back, but little did he know, these wolves didn't really stand a chance against me.

"Well by the looks of it, I'm already involved. You come near him again and I'll become your worst nightmare." I feel my nose start to wrinkle as my temper rears its ugly head.

Lance takes and couple steps closer to me so we're chest to chest and I'm not backing down. Lance gets a whiff of me and his eyes widen like he just saw the scariest thing in the world. He glances down at me in surprise and I just smile in return.

"Yeah, that's right. If you were smart then you'd tuck your little puppy tail between your legs and run like hell." I taunt again.

Lance picks up Jared and drags him out of the store along with the rest of his group. Robby just stares at me and I just smile at him, then walk pass him to the shoe section. Robby ran up to me and held my hand, just like a normal couple.

"What was that about? Do you know him? Why was he so scared of you? And where did you learn to punch like that?" Robby asked me, not even taking a breath between his questions.

"I've always punched like that. Then I hit that one guy because he pushed you and no I don't know them but I'm taking a lucky guess that they're wolves from the pack that's been hunting you," I said, taking a lucky guess to see if they were the ones from yesterday?

"Good guess. But why was Lance so scared of you? There is only one thing that scares wolves and that's dragons," he stated.

"And apparently me," I laughed awkwardly, wishing he would just let it go. His smelling must be off, considering that he still thinks I'm human.

"Oh, that doesn't make any sense," he says, mostly to himself.

I squeeze his hand in reassurance,  "Are you done asking questions now so we can get done with shopping and go back home before it starts raining? Plus, you wanted to see my neighbor's house still, didn't you?"

"Uh yeah, sure. Let's get going."