Chapter 26

Dylan's P.O.V.

A sharp pain goes through my head and I instantly know that Robby's unconscious and Xera's in trouble. I poof in the house to see Xera surrounded by wolves and Robby knocked out on the ground bleeding. I'm trying to debate on what I should do when I get my choice made for me.

Xera: Take care of Robby!

I think that if I hurry and get everyone in here out then I can still track Xera and help her. I reach down and poof Robby to our house and carry him to a guest room. I go back to Xera's house and tell everyone else to head back to our house and they do just that. I know they'll be safe there. Now, time to find Xera.

Xera's P.O.V.

I feel myself getting dragged but can't seem to open my eyes. I can still tell it's light outside but don't know about what time. I try opening my eyes again and nothing happens. Dammit! Then I try to move my fingers some and they move. I hear a low growl and instantly remember what happened. I try even harder to open my eyes because I just realized how much danger I'm actually in. They finally open and I see about 5 wolves around me and one dragging me. The first thing that comes to mind is that I'm not getting out of here alive in human form. So I flip over and prop myself up with my hands and quickly transform into a dragon. There, maybe Dylan or Issi will show up to help me. I swing one of my wings out and send a wolf flying through the forest. I feel something biting my neck and I try to get it off the best I can but fail.

I can feel myself getting weaker and weaker by every second. Might as well take out as many wolves as I can before I transform and pass out. I grab a wolf with my front claw and throw it into a tree as it gets knocked out. I see a black wolf approach me with red eyes. I glare at it and finally get tired of this stupid wolf on my back. I start flapping my wings and take off in the air and go about 40 feet away from where Lance is. I tuck my wings in and turn upside down and start falling out of the air. I hit the ground with a thud and realize that I killed the wolf that was on my back. But I still feel myself getting weaker.

Lance comes running to me through the woods and I transform back into a human because my dragon is too hurt to stay any longer. Lance transforms now and turns to the two wolves behind him and grabs a pair of shorts out of the ones mouth and puts them on then turns to the other and grabs a blanket. I sit on the forest floor thinking that they are going to kill me when Lance walks up to me and wraps the blanket around me. What is he doing? Why isn't he hurting me? Why is he after me. I finally gain up enough energy to ask.

Me: Why me Lance?

Lance: Simply because you are our way to Robby. And there's one other thing.

I raise my head to look at him and he crouches down next to me.

Lance: Because you and your brother are the heirs to the dragon throne. You two will be the two strongest dragons in the world. But only under one condition.

I look down and he finishes.

Lance: Only if you have your soul mate. Yours happens to be Robby. So as long as we can keep you and him away from each other then I won't have to worry about my pack getting wiped out.

Dylan: You under estimated her though Lance. She is already bound to Robby and they will be together. I'm her guider and I'm not losing her. I don't think Issi would appreciate losing his sister that we just found to a bunch of little mutts.

Issi: Actually, you are straight on Dylan. I would not.

Lance looks up at them shocked. I smile and then get so tired that I lie on the ground.

Issi: Hey Dylan, can you take care of these guys for me? I'm still a little sore from earlier and don't think I can take them on. Plus, Xera looks like she's in pretty bad shape so I think I'll just take her home.

Dylan: No problem.

The next thing I know I see a bunch of blue things flying around and then I pass out again.