How To Make People Come Running

Robby's P.O.V.

I get done cleaning up Kaden's neck then I thought that I owed these guys some food. Plus, me and Xera had leftovers in the refrigerator from breakfast yesterday. I walk out of the bathroom and ask the guys if they want some pancakes and I don't think they could've got any more excited. We go into the kitchen and warm up the pancakes, they basically eat them without chewing. I laugh at them. "You will have to deal with leftovers. At least until Xera comes back."

Aiden sips up the imaginary slobber that's running down his chin, "That's fine. We can wait. Well....maybe. She seemed pretty mad. When is she going to come back?"

Feeling a wave of tiredness wash over me, "You guys tired? We have at least 4 hours before they come back so we can go get some rest if you want."

Kaden nods his head and wipes the sleep away from his eyes, "A nap sounds amazing, I'm not used to fighting wolves that big. He was like four times my size."

Aiden begins reassuring his little brother, "It's okay Kaden, Robby and I will take the big guys until you get bigger."

Aiden pulls his little brother into a hug and Kaden wraps his arms around his brothers neck to hug him back.

Feeling left out but not wanting to spoil anything, "Okay, NAP TIME!!!!!!"

I run out of the kitchen and into the garage to the upstairs. If my memory serves me right then this is a bedroom. Plus, we can know when Xera comes back home. I plop down on the floor of the bedroom just to find out that Kaden and Aiden weren't that far behind me. We just lay there in silence for a while until my eyelids get heavy....

I hear the door open and footsteps coming in our direction, "Robby?"

I open my eyes and sit up. There's this guy standing by the door way with a girl next to him.

"Yes?" Still trying to get the sleep to go away.

"What are you doing?" The strange guys asks me. Then my brain starts working, this is the guy that Xera left with.

"I think I should do introductions first."

I turn to Kaden and Aiden to check if they're awake. They are. I point to them, "Kaden, Aiden. Now this is...."

I really didn't know what his name was. He's that one guy that left with Xera when she was mad. Maybe that means she's back too. And who's this other girl?

He continues to stare at me, probably wondering what my deal is, "I'm Lucas and this is Dasia."

"Introductions over. Where's Xera?" I ask, just wanting to straighten things out.

The Dasia girl looks like she finally could talk without stuttering, "Locked in a bathroom with Stereo. They're doing who knows what in there."

I roll my eyes. I need to talk to her, not have her locked in a bathroom with another girl. Then Kaden stands up and walks toward Lucas and Dasia, "Hi, I'm Kaden. It's nice to meet you Lucas. And Dasia, if I might say, you are very pretty."

Lucas smiles at Kaden. I don't sense any danger so I don't need to worry.

Dasia took to his flattery, "Well thank you Kaden. You're very sweet. Would you like to come hang out with me?"

"Really?! I'd love too!" Kaden turns around to me and Aiden and winks at us. What's that little kid planning? Aiden nods at Kaden giving him permission to go, "Call if you need anything."

Kaden takes Dasia's hand and leads her out. I lean against the wall so I can see Lucas and Aiden. This situation is kind of funny. Two wolves and a dragon haha.

Lucas cutting right to the chase, "So Robby, how did you end up here and who are your friends?"

I smile slightly at him, "You made it just in time. Aiden has yet to hear this too."

I tell them how Xera found me and took me in and everything up to how he burst in while we were taking a nap.

After I tell him everything, he seems to only be confused about Lance,"So why do these other wolves want you guys so badly?"

"I couldn't really tell you. But they went after our whole pack and as far as I know so far, we're the only survivors." I tell him, feeling a bit sad that my old pack is completely annihilated.

All of a sudden we hear howling. Aiden and me run to the door and out of the garage as fast as we can. As soon as we run through the garage door we transform into our wolf forms. I bare my teeth only to see a smiling Kaden, still holding Dasia's hand, Xera in her dragon form, then this other red dragon that's a lot bigger then her. I transform back into my human form and so does Xera. I notice that her hair looks.....amazing. Aiden turns into a human and glares at Kaden. The red dragon stays in its form which has me weary of its presence. But other than that, there's no danger.

Aiden takes a deep breath, trying to keep calm, "When I said call if you needed me then I meant that if you were in danger! Not to give me a heart attack!"

"But I finally found Xera and she wanted to see you and Robby." Kaden says, defending himself.

Aiden loses his temper, "Emergencies only!"

Kaden looks down and nods. Aiden sighs and walks up to his brother and hugs him, "Sorry for yelling."

Kaden then smiles. The red dragon finally goes into her human form only to see that it's the girl that was with Xera when she left. I look at Xera and smile at her, "I like the new hair, it suits you very well."

She smiles and a light blush goes onto her cheeks. Is that a sign that she likes me back?

Kaden interrupts my thoughts, "I told Xera that you had something to ask her Robby, so why don't you?"

I sigh and walk up to Xera and take her hands in mine, leading her away from everybody else. As soon as we were far enough away from everyone else, I smile at her, "I have a lot of explaining to do to you. But let's start with this. Kaden and Aiden are other survivors from my pack and need a place to stay. Would you mind if they stayed here?"

She nods her head, but other than that, I don't see any emotions on her face. "They may."

"And I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I just really didn't want you getting hurt from something that I caused. Lance and his pack are probably going to be after everybody in this household now, well with the exception of Dasia because she's human."

She looks at me as if to say "I told you so" but doesn't, "So it's my problem now too so no more yelling at me or we will just see which is stronger. A dragon, or a wolf."

I smiled at that one. It was a no brainer. She could probably knock my head off with a slap. She smiled too.

"And one last thing."

"What's that?" She asked.

"Can I still have my spot next to you in your bed?" I ask her, saying it as innocently as possible.

She smiles back at me, letting me know that everything is okay between us again, "As long as it's only you."

I pull her into a hug and then we turn to walk back to everybody else.... who isn't there. We walk in the house and Xera indicates for me to follow her, so of course, I do. She hands me a pair of swim trunks and tells me to put it on. I go and get dressed and meet everybody back by the pool. Everybody else is already in and Kaden & Aiden are playing chicken with Lucas & Stereo. I smile and then jump in and do a cannon ball. This is going to be fun.