No.56

it's really you?

"You're absolutely sure about this?" Harry questions

"Certain,"

"Look, I know I haven't always been supportive of your relationship. I think going there is a death trap, but if you want to we can help you. We can help sneak you in, cause a diversion, get you alone with him,"

"I won't let you risk your lives so I can see my ex-boyfriend," she states.

Both Harry and Hermione are hating every second. They both want to help. Both want nothing less than to abandon her.

"You had this planned? When you brought us here?" Harry questions

"No. I knew I wanted to see him but I didn't come up with this until last night. Being so close made me realise I can't keep going without seeing him. I have to know he's safe,"

"Okay," Harry nods. "We will watch you into his room and then go,"

"Alright," Emily agrees "I mean it. One hour. If I'm not there I'm not coming. You do not come back for me. I'll probably already be dead,"

"Okay, now do not forget Hampstead Heath. It's the park we visited when you stayed at my house after first year. By the pond." Hermione speaks

"Got it. If I never see either of you again, it's been a pleasure. I love you both. Harry if you don't kill that fucker I'll kill you,"

"Think if I don't kill him he will kill me,"

"The prophecy thinks so," she smirks.

With that she drops from her bedroom window, moving quietly and quickly. Harry and Hermione watch from the window, having already looked into Draco's room the best they can, it seems to be only him in there. Sat at a desk writing.

They watch as she clambers up the tree and into the branches. Knocking at the window, it's pulled open and with that Hermione grabs Harry's arm and they're gone.

**

The pendant on her neck is practically burning as her hand hits the cold glass.

Draco could have sworn it was their knock, but then again he's going crazy. Who else though would be banging on his bedroom window?

He looks up, glancing at the window and he's swear his heart stops. Tucked in the tree branches is Emily.

He rips the window open, helping her quietly down into the room.

"Muffliato," Emily mutters.

"It's really you?"

"Risking my life to be here Draco, you could come up with something a little better,"

After that it's instant. His arms wrap around her pulling her towards his body. His lips press to hers and she grabs at his shirt pulling him closer. Their mouths work against each other. Kissing with more passion than ever before. Kissing like the whole time they've been apart they couldn't breathe and suddenly the other was oxygen.

He pulls away eventually, desperate for answers. Smirking at the way her lips chase his.

"What's going on?" He questions

"I can't tell you,"

"I would never tell anyone. If it was going to get you hurt-"

"I know. I know. But they could torture you for information and I can't let you have information. You can't know what he wants to know or I'm putting you at risk,"

"But you're safe?"

"Is anyone?" She responds. A small smile on her face at the feeling of being back in his arms.

"How long do you have?" He questions, hands brushing up and down her sides in comfort.

The pendant on her neck is warm, not the same burning heat it once was but a comforting warm. She notices then, the green lion ring on his finger and suddenly it makes sense. A set.

The note Dumbledore left with the gift

No matter how far you roam, your heart will be your home. Stay connected.

"Where did you get that?" She questions, gesturing to the ring. He looks at her in confusion

"I found it. At school. It was in the room of requirement. I don't know why but I felt this incline to pick it up. Like I couldn't just leave it,"

"I'm going to sound insane, but Draco does it beat?"

"Like a heart," he confirms.

"It's Dumbledore," she speaks pulling the chain from under her shirt to show him the pendant. "He left me this in his will, with a note about the heart being the home, staying connected. It beats. I think it's your heart beat. He left it to me, left the ring for you, so that you can know I'm safe,"

"Why? What would he want to do that for?"

"I feel so stupid. Red snake. The Gryffindor red, the Slytherin snake. You've got a green lion. It's a set," she explains

"I get that. I don't understand why he would leave them,"

"Think he knew. Knew that I would drop out with Harry and we would be apart. He left all four of us something, we thought they meant nothing. We were wrong they all have a meaning. They're what we need to finish the task. He knew I wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't know you were safe and now I have a way of knowing you're okay," she explains

"So I'll know your alive?" He questions, a small smile on his face and he looks at the ring.

"Unless I die," she smiles back. They can both hear it, high heels on the stairs approaching.

"Don't say that," he scolds

"Draco, I have to leave,"

"I know," he smiles gently. Pulling her against him one last time. She disappears from his arms.