No.77

I'll walk you home

The group exit the restaurant late. Hermione giggling as she's pulled into Ron's chest and Harry stumbling a little slightly drunk. Draco is eyeing Emily with concern.

"Emmie, do you mind if I stay at Ron's?" Hermione questions

"Not at all. Go get laid 'Mione," Emily smiles back glancing at Harry "just make sure Harry gets home alright," she comments.

Her and Draco stand in silence watching Ron and Hermione tug Harry along behind them. The restaurant is only ten minutes from the boys house and fifteen from the girls.

"So," Emily smiles gently, turning to look at Draco

"I hate him,"

"Really I couldn't tell," Emily smirks, raising her eyebrows. "I'm going to go home. See you soon yeah?"

"I'll walk you home," Draco smiles gently

"You don't have to,"

"You know I will whatever you say," He smiles gently. Shrugging his suit jacket off and passing it to Emily. She sends him a grateful smile and tugs the jacket around her shoulders.

"I can finally say with confidence he doesn't deserve you,"

"You kept the cheating thing to yourself," she comments, eyes trained on the ground.

"I like to have a card up my sleeve," he admits, glancing to look at her and realising she looks sad "what's on your mind?"

"He's probably going to dump me,"

"Wait! What?" Draco eyes wide.

"I know he's not perfect but it was nice to have someone," she shrugs

"Emily, if you think for a second I'm going to let you settle for someone that shitty you're so wrong. Know I'm not perfect, know you were always settling for me but I cared about you more than anything. I still do. I won't let you stoop as low as Maxwell Anderson,"

"I never settled for you. Not for a second,"

"Angel, the way he treated you. Were you seriously okay with that?"

"I'm never going to find a boy who treats me like you did. Like you still do,"

"Doesn't mean you settle for someone who doesn't know the first thing about you. Can't even imagine being you boyfriend and being able to show up to see you and not tell you how beautiful you look,"

"You tell me I look beautiful every time I see you anyway," she teases gently

"I do. And I mean it," he nods, his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him.

"Dray, you can't keep doing this,"

"Doing what?" He questions gently

"Treating me better than the boy I'm seeing. Makes things confusing,"

"Emily, until another boy comes along who treats you as well as you should be I will be the one to do it. A girl like you deserves to be told their beautiful and walked home after a date and not kept waiting at a restaurant,"

"I miss you," she admits, glancing up from the blood to look at him.

"Miss you more. You aren't seriously sad about that arse?"

"I don't know. I just wonder if I'll be able to do better," she shrugs casually. He rolls his eyes with a grin

"Promise you that you will," he grins, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

They walk in silence the rest of the way until they arrive at her apartment building. Throughout the ride in the lift they eye each other much too lustfully for just friends.

"You wanna come in?" Emily asks when they arrive outside her door.

"Probably not such a good idea," he smiles gently. She rolls her eyes at the comment but shoots him a grin. Shrugging his jacket off and passing it back to him.

"Thank you Draco. For walking me home and the jacket and well- everything," she smiles pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"If he dumps you good riddance. And if he doesn't you best do it," Draco comments before snapping his fingers and disapperating from in front of her.

They both lay awake in bed that night thinking of each other and how they wished he had agreed to come in.