No.27

Do I have to go?

Emily had been at the party for almost an hour and it was safe to say she was way past tipsy. Stumbling as she walked and eyes glazed over. That didn't change anything though, she was having a blast.

She loved drunk Hermione, claiming it was the only time her best friend just let loose, and was happily twirling her best friend under her arm, their laughter filling the room, as the danced to the ABBA music blaring through the room. Ron and Harry joining them, both almost as intoxicated as the girls and it felt like the whole of Gryffindor were there in the room dancing and singing and drinking.

It was nice. It was a moment of peace and happiness in the crisis happening outside the castle walls that was infiltrating the safe space via Umbridge and her stupid educational decrees.

Emily stumbles out of the thick throng dancing in the centre of the room and towards the table full of drinks. She smiles brightly to Neville as she poured a shot of vodka a muggle born student had brought for herself and Neville, cheersing him before throwing the liquid down her throat, scrunching her nose at the burn. They talked briefly until Fred and George, who like usual were at the centre of everything, pulled her by an arm up onto the table they were dancing on.

She swings her hips and screams the lyrics with the twins, a bright smile and gleaming eyes. She laughs as George grabs her hand spinning her around under his arm. Soon enough the rest of the quidditch team are also on the large table, all cheersing and downing the drinks of firewhiskey Lee Jordan has handed them all, the room chanting about the victory. Ron basking in the moment of being a part of the winning team for the first time.

She jumps down from the table, vaguely aware of Cormac Mclaggen looking up and down her legs that were exposed from the admittedly very short skirt she wore and staring at her arse. Dancing with Dean and laughing loudly at his terrible singing.

The night was full of laughter and drinks and dancing and Polaroid pictures and stumbling around. But as the couples of the evening began to become apparent a pang of loneliness hit her.

There were always weird couples on nights of a gryffindor party. Two people you would never expect are suddenly making out on an armchair or creeping upstairs. It's as she watches Fred and Lavender sneak off out into the corridor that she realises Cormac's friendly congratulations and forced small talk is most definitely a pass at her.

She looks around for an excuse but like he so often did, Harry Potter saved the day, swooping in when he noticed the expression on her face and throwing an arm round her shoulder, he was a lot less intoxicated than her and easily excused himself and his friend leading her away.

"I have to go," she announces, unaware she's practically screaming

"It's 3 in the morning Em, where could you possibly need to go?"

"Draco," she smiles brightly, he makes a pass to stop her, highly doubting in her current state she would be able to make it all the way to the dungeons without being caught but by the time he opens his mouth to say this she's gone.

The walk to the dungeons feels longer than it ever had before as she stumbles, taking a few wrong turns without realising, but eventually arriving outside the Slytherin common room and banging on the door. It takes 5 minutes for her to remember she just needs to say the password before she practically screams it and stumbles when the door, that she had been leaning on for support, swings open.

The room is empty as she takes the stairs two at a time, tripping over her own feet as she goes. She bangs on Draco's dorm door for a few minutes before it's pulled open. Blaise Zabini on the other side of it looking her up and down with a smirk