No.57

It's each others heart beat .

"Oh thank god," Hermione grins, arms wrapping around Emily in a tight hug.

"We need to go," Harry reminds impatiently "glad to have you back. Never do something so stupid again," he adds, pulling her into his own hug.

**

They sit in the tent at the table.

"So?" Hermione questions, nudging Emily "worth nearly dying?"

"Yeah. Don't think anyone even knows I was there. Left the minute we heard movement outside his room,"

"That's good," Harry comments "glad you got to see him,"

"I realised something," she announces, the others looking at her with interest. "Dumbledore left us all something. We thought they were useless, but they're not. He left us all what we needed to go on. This pendant, it's been beating. Draco has a ring that he found, it's a green lion. It beats. It's each other's heart beat. He knew I wouldn't be able to go on if I didn't know Draco was safe. Whatever we all need he's provided it,"

"That's why he tried to leave me the sword," Harry agrees

"So what's with the book?" Hermione questions

"I haven't worked that out yet," Emily admits before turning to Harry. "The snitch, it has muscle memory right?"

"Does it?" Harry questions

"Yes. I thought it would open when you first touched it," Hermione confirms.

"Harry, you didn't catch the snitch in your first game," Emily reminds. His eyes widen, taking the golden ball from his pocket and raising it to his lips.

"I open at the close," he reads

"What the fuck does that mean?" Emily questions, Hermione shaking her head in response.

**

The minute she sees Ron approaching in the forest she feels instant relief. Walking towards the camp with the sword of Gryffindor in own hand and-

"Is that the horcrux?" Emily questions, moving towards him

"Destroyed it," Ron shrugs nonchalantly.

"Thank fuck you're alive," Emily grins, throwing her arms around Ron. Around her brother. He chuckles, dropping the sword and locket to wrap his arms around her, squeezing her in return.

"Heard you saw Malfoy," he comments

"I did,"

"You're fucking delusional for risking your life to see Malfoy of all people," he comments, pulling away to look her up and down "your alright though?"

"Yeah. I'm alright," she confirms.

"Emily? Who was there?" Hermione calls, head poking out of the tent. "Is everything alright?" She questions, Ron out of eyeshot by the angle she's stood at

"It's fine. Actually you know, it's more than fine," Harry comments, gesturing towards Ron as he steps into her view.

"Hey,"

"You. Complete. Arse Ronald Weasley!" Hermione shouts, storming towards him. Both Harry and Emily take a step backwards. "You show up here after weeks and you say hey?" She turns suddenly to look at the pair "where's my wand Harry? Where's my wand?" She demands storming towards them

"I don't know,"

"Harry Potter you give me my wand!"

"I don't have it," he lies, back pressed against a tree from retreating. Emily can't help the smirk as she watches the scene.

"How come he's got you wand?" Ron questions. The look in his eyes showing he immediately regrets drawing her attention back.

"Never mind why he's got my wand! What is that?" She questions, finally noticing the horcrux on the ground. "You destroyed it? And how is it you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story," Harry speaks up from behind her

"Don't think this changes anything," Hermione states. Turning round and retreating towards the tent.

"Oh of course not. Only just destroyed a bloody horcrux why would that change anything?" He questions, causing her to turn around "look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you,"

"Yeah, how did you find us?"

"With this. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub, Keeping away from some snatchers, and i heard it,"

"It?"

"A voice, your voice Hermione, coming out of it,"

"And what exactly did I say, may I ask?"

"My name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. And sure enough, it floated towards me, the ball of light went straight through my chest. Right here. And I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go, so I disapperated. Came to this hillside, it was dark I had no idea where I was, I just hoped that one of you would show yourself. And you did,"

"That means the theory is right. Dumbledore knew he would leave and need to find us. So we need to work out what the books means. And I open at the close," Emily comments

"I'm going to look at the book. Come on Emily," Hermione instructs, turning to head back towards the tent.

"Good to have you back," Emily smiles to Ron, before following her best friend down the hillside and into the tent.