No.10

You're mine

He feels like his heart stops. Stops beating. Stops functioning. Stops doing fucking anything.

There she is, at the top of the staircase looking like a goddess walking the planet, like an angel amongst men, like a fairytale.

Her dress perfectly accentuates her curves. Made a little taller by the silver heels that aren't visible under the dress. An intricate diamond necklace around her neck, tiny roses forming the chain, and a pair of matching dainty earrings hanging from her ears. The top half of her hair is pulled back tight, a ponytail sitting on the top of her head and cascading down her shoulders, meeting the bottom section of her hair in bouncing curls. Her makeup looks perfect, her face makeup a perfect match to her skin and a glossy looking gold Smokey eye with long eyelashes and perfect eyeliner. Her lips stained a bright red that seems to taunt him.

He watches as she walks down the flight of stairs. Pausing, briefly, to laugh with a gaping Ron and Harry before heading towards him. Elian is standing in his red jacket with a grin on his face as she approaches. Draco can't make out what he says but whatever it is makes Emily giggle and look down, clearly nervous.

His heart stops again when he watches her put her arm in Elian's as he leads her into the hall. This time the reason is a lot less pleasant.

She can't help but look at Draco from across the great hall. He had taken his black jacket off at some point and was now in all white and it was enough to make her want to march over and kiss him.

"Emily, would you care to dance?" Elian speaks, his voice is all one tone and she can't read his face. He was sweet and kind in class but something about him seemed off that night.

"Yeah, I'd love to," she nods and allows him to lead her to the floor. She grins as he twirls her around the floor with ease, laughing as he dips her and lifts her up. His large hands all over her and his face so close to hers she can feel his breath on her face.

He seemed to slowly become more at ease, less distant, and she was having an undeniably good time as they danced.

"You want a drink?" He asks as a song comes to an end and she nods in response. Glancing around she sees a scowling Ron and Harry and approaches with a bright grin.

"How's the dirty oaf?" Ron questions, his voice gruff

"Let me guess, you hate them all because one of them is here with 'Mione and you aren't?" Emily teases her friend. He sighs and looks away with a sour look that tells me I'm right. "And you're being a sour puss because Cho is here with Cedric," she continues. Harry's eye roll letting her know she's right. "Boys this is the only ball we will ever attend here, try and enjoy it," she announces standing up again as Elian approaches.

"By the looks of it you are enjoying it enough for all of us," Ron mutters.

"What's that supposed mean?"

"His hands are all over your arse Emily," he cuts, his bad mood apparent.

"Don't take your foul mood out on me Ronald," she cuts, turning around quickly and storming back towards her date.

She downs her drink before pulling Elian back into the crowd that are now jumping around to an upbeat song. Now it had been pointed out she was mildly aware of the way Elian's hands lingered in certain places for a little too long and she momentarily curses Ron for making her question his intentions.

She pushes the thoughts away as she dances with Hermione, her friend the happiest she had seen her in a long time.

She allows herself to be spun around the dance floor by George and jumps around with Fred.

She screams lyrics as she dances with Lavander.

She twirls happily with Ginny and Luna.

She enjoys herself the whole night and is mildly aware of someone watching the whole night but pays it no mind.

It's not until gone midnight that he approaches. Tapping her on the shoulder as she stands with Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell, talking and drinking merrily.

"Oh hey," she grins brightly, slipping away from her friends to talk to him. "I was wondering if you were going to say anything or if you were just planning on staring all night," she teases.

"Emily, I-" he's cut off by Elian approaching again and grabbing her hand a little too tightly.

"Emily, we should dance again, it's slow," Elian demands pulling her off, his grip so tight she can't help but stumble after him. Looking over her shoulder to shoot him a sorry smile.

As Draco Malfoy stands there he watches. He watches Elian drag her away. Watches as they dance and her smile seems less bright than it had when they were talking, though he assumes he is imagining it. He watches as Elian pulls her way too close for Draco's liking. He watches as his hands rest on her arse and he wants to scream. How dare someone touch her like that. How dare someone touch his girl.

And one question is running round his mind: does she mind his hands all over her?

His blood runs cold when Elian whispers something to her and she glances back at Draco before shrugging and nodding. Elian leads her out of the hall and Draco can't help but follow. He's sure he is torturing himself. But he has to follow. What if she needs him? He tries to kid himself into thinking that she might, in reality he's going because he has to know what happens next.

We watches from the arch as they settle on a bench, a few other couples in the courtyard and a few of the carriages shaking in a way he is almost certain he knows what is happening.

And then all at once it happens. Elian's hand is on her thigh, way too high, and he's inching closer and closer and Draco wants so badly to look away cause he can't see this, but then he notices something. She's not leaning in. She's inching away, her hands on his chest isn't romantic, she's pushing him off her.

He moves quickly, marching over and grabbing her hand pulling her from the much taller man and pressing her behind him.

"What are you-" Elian starts

"Never touch her again!" Draco spits. Before Elian can even process whats happening Draco is marching back the way he came dragging Emily behind him.

The minute they're in the  hall, he's pulling her away from the ball and the busy courtyard and into a secluded hall, out of the main path back to any common rooms. Guaranteed to stay empty.

"Watching you with him all night has been fucking torture. And I know it's my fault. But god you just had to look so good and you were so close to him. You were fuckin killing me out there," he mutters. He isn't even really sure when he pressed her back against a wall and he's so close that they're inches away from each other.

"Draco, I-" she starts. She can feel her heart beating out of her chest. Can feel her palms sweating. She feels so close to him that she can't breathe but the thought of him being any further away is the last thing she wants. She wants him closer.

"Emily Primrose Davies, I am going to kiss you now because if I don't I think I'll go insane," he announces.

Instantly his lips are on hers. One hand on the wall by her head caging her in and one caressing her face in a way that is a stark contrasts of gentleness next to the intense and passionate kiss. Her hands grip the front of his shirt pulling impossibly closer as one leg lifts from the floor almost involuntarily and wraps around his waist.

He pulls away, forehead pressed to hers and both panting heavily. "Please promise me you will never talk to him again," he mutters

"Promise," she's embarrassed that it comes out almost like a whimper but it only makes his smile wider.

"You're mine," he states. There's no hint of question because it's true, she has been his for a long time.

"I'm yours," she smiles and it makes her eyes sparkled and his heart melt. "And you? Are you mine?" She questions, her voice barely audible

"Darling, I have been yours since my ninth birthday when you kissed me on the cheek and told me I was your favourite,"