No.76

He will come first always.

"Is he always late?" Draco asks with a look of mild anger written on his features.

Emily, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco are sat at a table waiting for Max to arrive to dinner. The group having been there for almost half an hour already.

"Said he might be late, he got caught up at work,"

"Really cause St Mungo's was very quiet today," Draco sneers.

"I'm fucking starved," Ron complains

"He'll be here any minute, don't worry Emily," Hermione smiles gently across the table.

"I would worry. It's rude to be late," Harry chirps. It was no secret that Harry, who had grown close with Draco, hated Max through association and Ron simply agreed with what the boys thought.

"I'm never late," Draco adds

"Yes well I'm sure Astoria appreciates that," Emily snaps shooting Draco a pointed look "you promised you'd behave,"

"I said if he proved himself I'd be nice and so far he's doing a shitty job,"

"He's here," Hermione cuts the pair's squabble off. All eyes turning to Max as he strides in.

He was undeniably attractive. Tall and muscular with tanned skin and bright green eyes. His dark curly hair always perfectly tousled.

"Sorry everyone, got caught up with some patients," He grins, pressing a kiss to Emily's cheek as he takes the seat next to her. His arm draping around the back of her chair, Draco eyes the arm with a look of anger.

"It's no problem," Hermione smiles across the table, Max smiles back politely.

"So what did I miss?" He asks glancing around the scowls on all three boys faces.

"We were just talking about the importance of punctuality," Draco smirks

"And how Draco is never late," Harry adds with a fake grin.

"You're the ex right?" Max asks looking Draco up and down. He sits a little taller in his seat.

"Yes, although Emily and I are a lot closer than most exes. Got a lot of history,"

"Broke her heart pretty good-"

"Max, stop," Emily cuts him off, refusing to look at Draco who seems to have stopped caring over anything Max has to say and is instead trying desperately to get eye contact with her.

"I just wanted to thank him. Stupid enough to let someone as beautiful as you go and now I get you,"

The comment is meant as a compliment but the group aside from Max shift somewhat awkwardly. He seems unaware that Draco's letting Emily go was anything but his choice.

"So, what's everyone going to order?" Hermione questions, breaking the awkward silence. Before there's a chance to respond a waiter comes over

"Can I get you refills of your drinks?" She offers

"Please," Harry smiles politely. She walks around the table refilling the glasses as she goes. Max's hand shoots out to stop her from refilling the wine glass belonging to Emily.

"Don't need another do you babe? There's nothing tackier than a drunk girl at a nice restaurant,"

"No I'm good without, Thank you. Could I get a water," Emily smiles politely to the waitress. She ignores the questioning looks on her friends faces and the anger written all over Draco's.