No.68

Wish we could just live in this moment forever

Draco feels his heart rate slowly return to normal, the layer of sweat thick on his skin and his breathing slowing.

Emily lays in his arms, a wide smile on her face as her eyes flutter closed.

"You should stay," Draco mutters into her hair

"We both know I shouldn't," Emily sighs in response. It wasn't that she didn't want to, god she wanted to more than anything, but staying the night was something she promised herself she wouldn't do. She knew that they were much more than friends but she couldn't admit that to anyone. She couldn't admit it to herself. She had to live knowing he wasn't going to be hers for much longer, this time next year he would be engaged to someone else. Staying made things harder. It made them complicated.

"For a little while longer. Just wanna hold you," he's mumbling against her skin. His head dropping onto her shoulder and his lips gently brushing against  her shoulder.

"I'll stay a while," she agrees. She can feel his smile against her. Adjusting herself to be comfortable in his grip.

"Knew I could get you to agree," he smirks making her roll her eyes

"Don't test your luck Draco," she returns, rolling over in his arms to be able to look at him.

He looks beautiful, at peace and happy. She reaches up to brush his slightly overgrown hair from his forehead. Smiling when he catches her hand and presses a kiss to the palm of it.

He holds her hand, thumb stroking over the words engraved there from fifth year. It was a habit they both couldn't help. He would kiss and stroke the words and she would do the same to the dark mark on his arm. It was a source of comfort. It was seeing each other for so much more than their pasts.

"Wish we could just live in this moment forever," Draco admits. His eyes are staring into hers with a look that can only be described as love and she's staring back with the same thing.

"I do too," she returns gently. "Wish we could be together forever and have kids and a dog and a cottage near the sea,"

"How many kids would we have?" He asks gently, his eyes closing to imagine the blissful future that would live in his dreams until he dies.

"We'd have two,"

"No. Three. A boy first and then two little girls. They'd need a big brother to look after them," he corrects

"You've thought about this?" She questions, mildly surprised.

They both push away the thought that this isn't what friends do.

"Kept me going when I didn't know if you were alive,"

"So tell me what you've planned for us," she prompts, resting her head further into his neck

"The boy would be called Scorpious,"

"No he would not,"

"Why? It's a nice name. Strong and-"

"You are trying to get our child bullied,"

"What would you name our child then?"

"Our boy would be Fred," she speaks quietly. He squeezes her gently.

"Okay, Fred sounds good. So we have little Fred. Then our two girls. First we would have Molly after your mum and her middle name would be Narcissa after mine," he explains. She can't help the love in her heart that he knows Molly Weasley is her mother wether she birthed her or not. "Then we would have Lavender,"

"After Lav?"

"Like the idea of naming my kids after people. Know she was special to you. You don't talk about her but I can tell,"

"Hermione has always been my best friend but Lav was a proper girl friend you know? Me and 'Mione we never did the whole boy talk and pamper evening thing. Not that I would have really wanted too, it's not my vibe either. It was just nice to have someone to gossip with when I wanted to. Lav deserved better. I miss her everyday. Reckon she would have a field day with this whole mess,"

"Oh so we are a mess now?" He teases flashing her a bright smile

"Draco we are just friends and we are laid cuddled in your bed discussing our fictitious children and which of our dead friends we would name them after. We easily qualify as a mess,"

"Fair point. The dog would be called Dobby by the way,"

"After your dead house elf?"

"Always liked him," Draco shrugs, Emily can't help the laugh, pressing a kiss to his neck.

"I wish that was all going to happen,"

"Me too," he sighs gently. They fall into a silence for a while before he speaks again "going to miss you over Christmas break,"

"You could come to the burrow you know? Save you having to miss me,"

"Reckon my mother would have my head off my neck if I missed Christmas. She's very excited to show me the new house they've bought in Paris,"

"Bet it's beautiful,"

"I'm sure it will be," Draco agrees, sending her a small glance. "You can have the fun Christmas for the both of us and I'll do the stuffy boring black tie affair," he adds with a gentle smile

"Bring me macaroons?" She questions with a grin

"Only if you bring me some of Mrs Weasley's fudge. That stuff is amazing,"

"Oh you received your festive care package,"

"Surprised to get one if I'm honest,"

"Molly loves a stray," Emily shrugs. Draco watches as she climbs from bed and pulls on a large knitted sweater and a pair of leggings.

"So one box of fudge for one box of macaroons?" She questions with a grin

"Sounds like a fair bargain," he agrees. Watching as she heads downstairs and walks out of his room.

He lets out a groan before rolling over to the side of the bed she'd been laid in. Letting in a deep inhale of her scent. He missed her already. Draco hate lying to her, hated that he hadn't told her that the Greengrass family would also be spending Christmas in Paris with his family. It was all moving too fast and he knew that soon enough he would loose her a little more. Wether they were friends or not, soon he wouldn't get to kiss her and hold her like he had today and the thought alone made him want to scream.