No.7

You have nothing to be jealous of

"Em?" A familiar voice calls out causing her to stop in her tracks. An arm is flung around her shoulder and the pair continue walking

"What's up Ronikins?" She questions

"I've heard a little rumour about you is all," he smirks

"And here I was thinking you wanted to walk me to my potions class out of the goodness of your own heart,"

"Don't you have Draco Malfoy walking you to all your classes these days?" He teases, wiggling his eyebrows and letting out a dramatic groan when an elbow is shoved into his ribs

"What I wanna talk to you about, if you could not abuse me for two minutes, is a certain Elian Belovski,"

"What about him?" She questions, eyebrows furrowed. Elian had been sat next to her in their charms lesson the day before, the students from other schools having arrived the day before that.

"Just that everyone is saying he fancies you," Ron smirks

"Is that so hard to imagine? That a boy would fancy me?"

"If I'm honest kind of," he shrugs, receiving another elbow "not that you aren't pretty, well I guess I've never really looked before-" he cuts himself off, eyeing her up and down "yeah you are pretty. I just forget you're a girl most the time,"

"So charming,"

"Oh you know what I mean," he laughs "so?"

"So what?"

"Do you fancy Elian?"

"You mean the tall muscular boy. Yes he's alright,"

"Fred owes me five galleons," he grins "you really are the best. You're bloody brilliant, going to make me a fortune," he adds

"Nice to know you all bet on me,"

"Like you don't bet on me with the twins," he retaliates, coming to a stop outside the potions classroom. A body brushes past them, pushing past her slightly and she quickly recognises the platinum blonde hair.

"You have  a point," she laughs "I'll be late if I hang around, I'll see you at lunch?"

"Sure thing," he grins back, sending her a wave as she ducks into the potions classroom.

She drops into her usual seat next to Draco surprised when he doesn't say anything in greeting.

"Hey," she smiles, hoping he is just in a world of his own. He doesn't say anything  causing her to worry slightly. Racking her brains for what she could have done to annoy him between last night and third period.

"Dray, are you mad I walked to class without you?" She questions. He sighs giving her a pointed look

"No. No Weasel can walk you to class whenever he wants," he cuts. His voice utterly sour

"Don't call him that," she reprimands, only making his eyes roll. "I didn't ask him to walk me. He just wanted to talk about some rumour he heard and ran to catch me up"

"Oh I know. You two aren't exactly quiet and I was only a few steps behind," he mutters.

"Dray, why are you mad I walked with Ron? I mean I know we walk together usually but it wasn't like we plan to meet up and walk together we normally just run into each other and it's never normally a problem when we just meet here," she presses. Not enjoying the way his hard glare is pointed at her, something she's not used to in the slightest.

"Why don't you go and ask Elian?" He snaps. Before she can respond Snape enters the room and a silence immediately falls over it.

Draco is quick to pack his bag after class and storm out, dragging Crabbe with him. Leaving her in a bad mood as she treks to the great hall alone.

She drops down onto a seat opposite Harry. The divide in her friendship group getting to her now more than ever. It was her day to be with Harry, her and Hermione were alternating, but she really needed to speak to her best friend. Hermione being the only girl would definitely be the best to whine too about Draco avoiding her.

"You seem very chipper," Harry deadpans gaining a scowl. He lets out a sigh as he watches her scoop salad onto a plate before nudging her gently with his foot. "What's up?" He asks gently

"You don't wanna know," she shrugs

"Boy problems?"

"You could say that,"

"I found out last night I have to go head to head with a dragon tomorrow morning," he informs. She looks up with wide eyes and a whole new pit of anxiety in her stomach

"Harry," she sighs, not really sure how to provide any form of comfort for that "are you- well- is it-"

"I'm okay. I spoke to professor Moody, I mean I can't say I'm excited but I have a strategy," he shrugs. She can read the panic radiating off him.

"If there's anything I can do," she offers

"Not at all. I'll be fine," he smiles back "Charlie is here,"

"Weasley?"

"Yeah," he nods, looking over her shoulder at something "I have to go, Professor Moody just-"

"Go, go," she assures watching him stand up and speed walk out of the hall. She decides quite quickly that if she wants advice on Draco, George Weasley, who she had just watched exit the hall, was a good person to ask.

**

"So you and Malfoy are friends?" He questions his head cocked to one side as they sit, legs crossed, backs against the castle wall.

"Yes. You know this George,"

"No, I mean like friends only. Nothing else,"

"No- I- it's weird. We keep having these moments- but- I- it's complicated but yes just friends,"

"And he overheard you tell Ron you fancy Elian, the tall, dark haired, ripped, Bulgarian that half the girls in the school are swooning over,"

"Yeah,"

"Whilst there's rumours flying around the place that Elian fancies you?"

"Yeah,"

"And you really have no idea what he's mad about?"

"Would I be here if I did? It's just stupid. If he has a valid reason to be annoyed then fine, but he mature enough to actually talk about it and resolve it don't just avoid me. God he's acting like Harry and Ron," she rang

"More just Ron," George smirks

"Not the point,"

"You really need me to spell it out?" He questions, rolling his eyes when he sees the dumbfounded look on her face "He is jealous,"

"Jealous?"

"Yup,"

"Definitely?"

"100%" George grins. Standing up and offering her a hand, pulling her up and patting her head lovingly "go find Malfoy," he smiles

She wastes no time, jogging through the castle in the hopes to catch him before their shared Transfiguration class.

"Draco!" She shouts as she enters the corridor, brushing through the crowd to meet him outside the door. The class starting any second. He stands with a hard scowl on his face and his arms crossed across his chest.

"Miss Davies, Mr Malfoy, my class starts in under a minute," Professor Mcgonnogall reminds as she walks past them  and into the room.

"What?" He sneers

"Are you jealous?"

"What-why- I- well- why would I be jealous?"

"Of Elian?"

"I- it's-" he's cut off by the bell signalling the beginning of the class ringing.

"If you are, you have nothing to be jealous of," she grins, pressing a kiss to his cheek before slipping into the classroom and into her seat next to Hermione. Turning around to see his bright red blush as he sits down next to Theodore Knott.