No.92

Nothing would make me happier

The sun cast a golden hue into Emily's apartment in the early morning. Draco Malfoy lay awake, his bare chest rising and falling softly as he looks down at the girl in his arms.

Emily is sound asleep, her head resting on his chest and her legs tangled in his. Letting our light snores every so often and snuggling closer into Draco at regular intervals.

He wonders as he lays there how he managed to get so lucky. Almost scared that he's going to wake up and realise it was all a dream and he didn't have her in his arms again.

He knew that he had consequences he would face, namely his parents anger, but he also knew that the right choice was the one he had made.

He knew he deserved to be with the girl he truly wanted. He also knew that Astoria deserved to find the same happiness.

For now though, he decides he can push the thoughts of consequences away. Allow himself to bask in having her back, having her laid in his arm and know she had a day off work. A whole 24 hours before she would have to go to the shop. 24 hours in which Draco had no plans of leaving her apartment. Simply being together once again.

He can see both his and Emily's phones buzzing often on her bedside table, probably their friends asking what's going on, but again he feels he can push it away for now. Allow himself his quiet bliss.

His eyes easily fall back to the girl as she slowly blinks her eyes open, slightly puffy from sleep and a bright smile on her face when she sees him staring down at her.

"You're really here?" She whispers, he smiles fondly

"I am darling," her heart flutters at his groggy morning voice, it had been a long time since she'd heard it and it felt so natural to wake up in his arms that she can't help herself from leaning up to press a lingering kiss to his lips.

He kisses back immediately, letting out a soft whine of protest when she pulls away, lips chasing after hers. "I'm starving," she explains

"Food and then back to bed?" He questions, waggling his eyebrows at her playfully

"You really do only have one thing on your mind," she laughs gently

"We can just cuddle if that what you want, I just want to spend all day with you,"

"And that means we can't leave the bed, why?" She teases, he rolls his eyes at her teasing and loosens his grip on her to allow her to climb out of bed.

He watches as she opens her drawer, pulling out a black lace thong that he knows she's only picking to tease him. She steps into it pulling it up before grabbing a familiar looking sweater from her wardrobe

"Is that my quidditch jumper? From school?" He questions with a smirk

"I stole it ages ago," she shrugs casually, he smiles, a love struck smile that if anyone else saw he'd be mildly embarrassed of, but makes a show of rolling his eyes. She throws him his boxers as he climbs out of bed before waltzing out of the room and down the corridor.

When Draco rounds the corner into the kitchen of her apartment she's already pulled out the ingredients she needs to make pancakes and is humming to the radio playing.

"Need any help?" Draco offers as he walks in

"Definitely not. I've seen you burn beans, which by the way, I was 98% sure was impossible until I saw you do it," she teases

"I was like 14,"

"I really doubt your cooking skills have improved," she smirks as he rolls his eyes "you can make me a coffee if you're feeling really generous," she offers

"It would be my pleasure," he smiles. He makes the coffee as she prepares the pancake batter. He admits to finding it impressive that she can flip the pancakes in the pan.

"Breakfast in bed?" She questions as she watches Draco pour golden syrup onto his pancakes

"Sounds perfect," he nods picking up both plates as she grabs the mugs of coffee before following him into her room.

They settle in bed with their food, sat cross legged, watching each other with shy smiles and blushed cheeks.

"So what next?" She questions as she tucks into her food.

She's embarrassed to say that waking up with Draco in her bed was the most natural thing in the world. That she never wants to wake up without him again. She doesn't want to admit that she would marry him tomorrow. Doesn't want to rush him when this time yesterday he's thought he'd be married by the end of the day.

Draco doesn't want to seem pushy. He doesn't want to force himself on her or scare her away. He lets those thoughts die though.

He had wanted her for so long, he had longed for her since he was 13 and he wasn't about to let her slip away again. He wasn't okay with loosing the most important thing in his life and he felt no need to wait for his future with her.

"I don't want to rush you," he shrugs

"Okay, so I was thinking that I was going to be the one rushing you. Didn't want to scare you off," she admits, he chuckles a little

"Darling, I don't think you could ever scare me off," he admits, loving the blush that over takes her cheeks. "So what's your big, crazy, probably rushed  proposition?"

"Okay I'll say it but you have to promise me you won't let it freak you out?" She questions, extending her pinky finger in his direction. He smirks, linking his pinky finger into hers and squeezing gently.

"Promise," he smiles

"I was thinking we could move in together. I know it sounds insane because technically you haven't even asked me to be your girlfriend yet. And you were supposed to get married yesterday and we haven't spoken in months and it's all rushed and quick but we practically lived together at Hogwarts and when has our relationship ever been normal? I just think-" she cuts herself off when she finally notices the dopey grin on his face.

"I was thinking the same thing," he smiles. She grins, leaning over the gap between them to press a lingering kiss to his lips.

"I'm not moving into the manor,"

"Good. I want to be as far away from that place as possible," he grins "and by the way, I kind of figured I was your boyfriend already. Thought it came with the whole leaving my bride at the alter to be with you,"

"Oh no, if you want to be my boyfriend you have to ask," she teases.

"Emily Primrose Davies, will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" He questions with a smile, she makes a show of pondering his question, rubbing her chin dramatically as if she's thinking making him chuckle, before smiling brightly up at the boy.

"Nothing would make me happier," she smiles brightly and her heart flips at the grin that falls to her face.