No.11

Do you even have to ask?

"And so then he said he was mine and we kissed for a bit and he walked me back to my dorm and now here we are," She explain to Hermione and Ginny as they sit in the common room, all dressed in pj bottoms and Weasley sweaters.

"So what are you doing with us? go find him," Ginny grins excitedly

"His parents came and picked him up this morning. They wanted him home for Christmas so now I won't see him until term starts again," The girl complains

"It's so romantic though. I mean at the ball and he just pulled you away and kissed you, and then tells you he's yours and he has been for years," Hermione swoons, laughing when Emily blushes brightly.

"Oh yes, how romantic," Fred mocks laughing when Ginny hurls a cushion at him.

"Now, now, Ginerva mother hates when we fight on Christmas Day," George smirks

"Shove off or I will fight you," she threatens with a glare

"So Emily, you got yourself a proper boyfriend?" George grins, ignoring his sister as he drops into an arm chair

"Well, he didn't like ask me to be his girlfriend," Emily shrugs. For the first time since the couple kissed, she felt an overwhelming amount of nerves swarming her body and wanted to curl up and cry.

"He doesn't have too. He literally said you're mine, I'm yours, that's a relationship" Hermione comforts, her arm wrapping around her

"But if he hasn't actually said boyfriend then technically you're just friends who kissed," Ron comments

"Nah, I'm with Hermione. You don't need to say the exact words," Fred declares

"Well you do or you're just putting words in someone mouth," Ginny shrugs

"So you don't think he's my boyfriend?" Emily questions

"Not if he didn't say the word," Harry adds.

She drops back onto the sofa letting out a loud sigh and feeling the anxiety bubbling in her chest automatically. George is quick to rub her shoulder comfortingly

"Don't stress it, I'm sure he'll ask you when he gets back," Ginny smiles although it does nothing to the calm her nerves.

**

The next week and a half pass agonisingly slowly for both of them. Draco is practically buzzing as he sits on the train next to Blaise and Emily is hardly any different as she sits in the great hall at lunch.

She's stood in the corridor in front of the slytherin common room when he arrives, his friends following behind, all of them having been picked up to go home for Christmas.

His grin is bright when he turns the corner to see her. She's dressed in a pair of leggings and a gryffindor quidditch sweater, her hair thrown up but her makeup done. The red and gold a contrast to the darkness of the Slytherin area.

"Dray!" She shouts excitedly when she sees him. He grins back, quickly closing the space between them and wrapping his arms around her.

His lips find hers automatically as he holds her as close as possible, her arms looping round his neck as they both ignore the hollers of his friends, knowing that he'll give them hell for it later.

They pull apart and both of them are grinning widely.

"Good Christmas?" She asks with a smirk

"Would have been better with you,"

"Should have stayed here then,"

"Mother would never have let me," he admits, although he's sure she already knows.

"Shame. I missed you," she grins with a wink that makes him pull her impossibly closer

"Missed you more, I can promise you that," he smirks. "Need to unpack, you wanna come sit?" He questions and she shrugs before nodding. Feeling mildly nervous to enter the Slytherin common room and wishing she wasn't dressed in Gryffindor clothing but agreeing either way, it was worth it for him.

He leads her through the room, scowling at the rest of his house who look on inquisitively. His dark glare stops anyone from actually saying anything. He opens the door to his common room unsurprised to see his friends stood around unpacking.

"Could you lot unpack later?" He questions, gesturing to her as she stands behind his shoulder, just out of the room. The boys look between themselves before Blaise lets out a low whistle

"Whatever happened to mates before dates?" He questions with a smirk

"Yeah Draco, we can be in here while you have your girl over. No one would be opposed to her-" Goyle is cut off by a slap round the back of the head from Theo

"Now, now boys, let Malfoy have his girl over in peace, we will unpack after dinner," Theodore announces, shooting Emily a smile that she gladly returns.

The boys traipse out making jokes about what the couple would be up to as they go.

The door closes behind them leaving the pair stood in the empty room.

She glances around, the beds were larger than the ones in her dorm and sinks sat next to each other. There were less decorations and the room was surprisingly neat, although she assumed it was partly because they had been gone a while.

She drops onto the bed with the trunk engraved DM at the end and he can't help but watch with a grin.

"So, you going to unpack or just stand there?" She questions relaxing onto the mattress. Enjoying the strong scent of him in her nose.

"Enjoying the view is all," he smiles, moving towards her and dropping onto the bed next to her. His lips are on hers in an instant and he hovers slightly over her, bodies close. He pulls away and lets out a sigh "I could unpack later," he offers making her laugh.

"Cuddle me?" She questions. He smirks, and shrugs his suit jacket off before toeing his shoes off and settling under the duvet, watching with a faint smile as she pulls her shoes off and throws them to the ground before settling under the duvet next to him.

Her leg rests on his hip and her head on his chest and his arm wraps around her, the spare one settling on the duvet over thigh. He pressed a kiss to her head gently before snuggling closer into her.

"Dray?" She questions, her voice quiet and timid

"Yes angel?"

"What are we?" She asks, barely audible and he can't help the laugh that escapes him

"What are you talking about? Thought I made it obvious,"

"Just that Ron said-"

"You are taking relationship advice from Ron?" He quips

"So a relationship?"

"Technically speaking, any two people who know each other are in a form o-"

"You know what I'm asking,"

"No I think you should say it,"

"Draco Malfoy, are you my boyfriend?"

"Surprised you even have to ask," he laughs, another kiss pressed to the top of her head "I'm yours, I'm whatever you want me to be. You want me to be your boyfriend then consider it done," he smiles and she feels herself melting at his words.