No.66

You can stay it you want

Emily sighs knowing it was time to leave. Head resting on Draco's chest and his arm wrapped around her holding her against him. He holds her like they will never be apart.

She pulls out of his grip climbing from the bed and pulling a pair of pants and a bra on.

"You can stay if you want," he offers. He's watching with a slight frown as she continues getting dressed.

"We both know that's not a good idea," she returns, shooting him a small smile. "I'll see you tomorrow. We can get breakfast," she offers.

He wants desperately to ask her to stay. Make her stay. Pull her back to him and kiss her again. To hold her with no motive other than feeling her in his arms. To fall asleep with the only girl who matters in his arms.

"Sure. I'll meet you there," he returns.

She sends him one last smile before heading down stairs and out of the quarters. Her mind races as she heads back to the Gryffindor common room. Eventually entering the circular room to see Hermione sat cross legged on the sofa.

Her best friend shoots her a grin when she drops down to sit next to her in the otherwise empty room. She's clutching a phone to her ear and Emily can hear Ron. Phones were new to Ron, Hermione getting him one so they can speak, he didn't quite understand the not needing to shout thing.

"Ron I've got to go. Em just got back," Hermione explains

"Don't hang up on my account," Emily mumbles. Eyes closed and head resting on the back of the sofa.

"No we clearly need to talk. Ron I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Give him my love," Emily speaks

"Yes. Okay. No that's fine. Alright. Well I'll see you at the weekend. Emily sends her love. Yes I'll tell her. Okay. Love you too," Hermione hangs up the call before placing her phone down and turning to Emily "he sends his love and says George has agreed to come to Hogsmeade this weekend so you better not bail and hang out with Draco like you did last week,"

"I'll be there," Emily agrees, opening her eyes to look at Hermione's knowing smirk.

"So, you and Draco back together yet?" She teases. It's been two months since they hooked up and they were practically in a relationship. They were together all the time and they were sleeping together and clearly they had feelings.

"No. We aren't getting back together. Just friends with benefits,"

"Who are clearly in love,"

"Hermione," Emily groans "look obviously I want to be with him. Things haven't changed and they won't change. Draco will marry Astoria. It will happen and I can't stop it and it's so much worse if we have to break up again. At this rate the day he has to propose comes and we stop sleeping together and it's back to just friends,"

"You're practically in a relationship anyway,"

"Hermione I can't. I can't sleep in his bed every night. I can't call him boyfriend. I can't let myself slip back to how it was,"

"That's why you never stay after sex. He thinks it's cause you don't have a good time," Hermione exclaims.

Emily had desperately wanted her friends to be friends with Draco, lord knows he needed some friends. She'd been glad when they all started to make an effort. Harry and Draco bonded over quidditch and Ron had finally managed to have a conversation with him without looking like he wanted to punch him in the face. Ginny had surprisingly decided she actually quite liked him, his quick wit and charm reminding her of Fred. It was Hermione though that got on the best with him. They bonded over literature and often studied together. Emily loved it, until they started talking about her and suddenly Hermione knew all Draco's thoughts on the entire matter.

"Hermione I can promise you I have a very very good time," Emily grins, Hermione letting out a loud laugh and rolling her eyes "I just can't let myself stay after sex. Can't let myself be with him. It's never happening and I have to accept that,"

"I hate this," Hermione grumbles, shooting her friend a sad smile "hearing you both pine after each other and want each other. I really thought after the war you two would finally get your chance,"

"So did I," Emily smiles gently, her head dropping onto Hermione's shoulder. Her best friend reaches out and gives her knee a gentle squeeze.

"What will you do? When he marries Astoria and your single I mean,"

"I don't know. Maybe there will be someone else. Maybe I'll get a shot and something less complicated. I hope I'll get to fall for someone new,"

"I'm sure that you will," Hermione consoles

"I don't know. I can't really imagine it ever being anyone other than him," Emily admits.

"One day you will be able to. He'll just be a friend," Hermione sighs. Neither girl can quite believe that.