No.30

You don't believe it do you?

"So have you two, yknow?" Lavender questions as the two girls make their way back from lunch to their shared muggle studies lesson.

"Lav!" She practically squeals, swatting her friend's shoulder as they both erupt in giggles.

"Seriously, you've been in his special private room for the past two nights," she whines.

It was true, a habit had formed quickly. They would hang out before dinner like usual, then she would eat with her friends, go to her detention (upset she had to miss DA quite often despite Harry insisting he will catch her up), go back to the gryffindor tower to have her hand rewrapped by Hermione, hang out with her friends for a while, and then around 9 she slips down to his room, upon her arrival his friends leave the seating area to their own common room and she slept their with him.

"No. We haven't yet," she admits. They'd been making out more intensely than before but in keeping her hand a secret she had stopped things before they could escalate, relying on baggy jumpers with sleeves long enough to cover her hands, it wouldn't work forever but in the cold January months it was believable.

"Why not?" Lavender asks, looking to her friend with a smirk "last time we spoke about it you really wanted to,"

"I still do. Just nervous," she shrugs casually.

**

"Now Miss Davies, it's the fourth night of our little meetings and I don't know about you but I'm enjoying them greatly," Umbridge states as she gathers her things to leave. Her hand dripping blood onto the desk in front of her. "However, I've come to think perhaps I was harsh in your punishment," she adds, Emily looks hopefully but the cold look in the woman's eyes makes her realise this is undoubtedly a trap.

"How so Professor?"

"I think, perhaps, you and I could both help each other. This can be the last detention you serve for your violation of educational decree number 26, if you can just give me a little help. I believe you're friends with Mr Potter is that correct?"

"Yes Professor,"

"And I'm sure that you are aware I have my suspicions about a large group violation of educational decree number 128?"

It was obvious what she was talking about. Dumbledore's Army.

"Is that the one that means we can't listen to music whilst studying or the one that means you get to read our personal mail?" Emily asks, mimicking the woman's sickly sweet tone and fake smile.

The personal mail one had hit Emily hard, rendering her unable to write to Sirius once a week like she had been doing since the beginning of fourth year.

"Actually dear, it's the one banishing organisations not approved by myself. You wouldn't happen to know of any, perhaps one linking to your friend Mr Potter ?"

"What do you think he has? A stamp collecting club?"

"So you know nothing?"

"Nope. I spend most my life around Harry, I'd know if he was running some illicit underground club and he isn't, what with studying for his O.W.L's and playing quidditch he's far too busy,"

"A shame. I'll see you tomorrow then Miss Davies,"

**

She swung the door to Draco's quarters open, expecting it to be full of his friend group but instead it's completely empty, probably in the Slytherin common room, she decides. She grabs Draco's copy of the Transfiguration textbook, deciding to do some revision to kill the time.