No.24

We will find our happiness in each other

A loud laughter filled the corridor as the young couple run through it, the night sky dark as they burst out of the doors and into the courtyard, hands clasped together and bright smiles on their faces.

It's cold outside, but neither of them seem to feel it as they look at each other, eyes wide and smiles bright.

"Umbridge will kill us yknow?" Draco questions, watching with a fond smile as his girlfriend lays on the ground, patting the space next to her.

"She won't find us and I'll take 100% of the blame,"

"Like I would let you go down for me," he smirks, laying next to her and placing an arm out for her to snuggle into him.

They lay in a comfortable silence, staring at the shining stars and glowing in the moonlight. They'd only been back at school for a month but already the atmosphere of the castle was different, Umbridge slowly gaining power, and it felt like it had been forever since it was just them.

"Everything is changing," Emily sighs after a while

"How so?"

"I mean with the ministry interfering at Hogwarts, you know who being back. It's never going to be the same,"

"It's not. We will be okay though. You and I, we will find our happiness in each other,"

"Draco, if it came to it would you follow him?" His hand traces patterns on her leg as he contemplates the question for a second.

"I don't know. A lot more would go into my choice than what's right and what's wrong," he says it with a sigh

"Like what? Power? Status?"

"No. No. I'll do what I have to do to keep the people I love safe. That's what my priority will be,"

"That's fair,"

"I'm not brave like you, I can't do what's right on the principle of it being right no matter how badly I want too,"

"It's not brave," she sighs, turning her head to look at him, the ground cold underneath them. "It's reckless," she admits

"You won't have to live with the guilt though," He shrugs, his lips pressing a kiss to the top of her head gently.

"You know what's not right? That we are 15 years old and have to have this discussion at all," she speaks softly

"You and I though, no matter what happens," his voice is equally as soft

"You and I," she agrees.

She leans up to meet his kiss, lips pressing together as they both kiss a little harder than usual. More passion, more fire. It's slow and heated and she's straddling his lap before she can really even realise she's doing it. A moan escaping her as his tongue slips into her mouth. His hands on her arse pulling her towards him and her fingers combing the soft blonde hair.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here Freddie?" An all too familiar voice sounds

"Looks to me like two youngsters exploring-"

"Shut up!" Emily shrieks, her voice silencing the older twin as she scrambles to her feet, pulling Draco up behind her.

"Little late to be in the courtyard making out," Fred teases

"What are you even doing here?" Emily snaps, annoyed the twins ruined the moment

"Looking out for our darling sister," George teases, laughing when she shoots him a glare.

"I should go," Draco sighs, Emily immediately spinning to face him

"You don't have to, they'll leave,"

"It's okay. I'll see you in the morning," he smiles, pressing a kiss to her cheek before turning to exit the courtyard.

"You're both insufferable you know that!" Emily yells at the smirking twins

"Oh Emmie dear calm down, we didn't mean to stumble on you and Draco dearest," Fred laughs

"What are you doing then?"

"Planning," George shrugs with a smirk.

"You couldn't have just walked away?" She questions she's still cold, though the anger is fading slowly

"And let you have a moonlight make out on top of a boy? Absolutely not," George grins.

"I hate you both," she groans

"You don't. Come on to bed with you," Fred smiles, throwing an arm around the girl as the trio began to make their way back to the dorm.

**

She ranted snappily to Ron, Harry and Hermione as they sat at breakfast the next morning. Still slightly frustrated at the twins.

"Wouldn't complain too much at least the boy you like is getting with you. The girl Harry wants is crying over her dead ex," Ron smirks, silencing when all three of them shoot him a look "too soon. Point taken," he sighs

"Draco doesn't seem too bothered. In fact he's practically glowing," Hermione comments, looking over her friends shoulder. Emily turns around to see Draco, who indeed did look utterly at ease with a large smile plastered across his face as he laughs with Blaise.

He makes eye contact with Emily, sending her a wink before turning back to his friends. She would admit that when she turns back to her friends she did feel a little better.

"Besides, we have this surprise for Harry to worry about," Hermione adds. The surprise isn't something Emily believes Harry will massively like the idea of. Him teaching DADA not something she thought he would love, but Hermione had her heart set on the goal and Emily knew he would be good.

"Speaking of which, what is it?" Harry questions, sounding mildly exasperated

"You'll find out in Hogsmeade," Hermione shrugs before turning back to her open newspaper.