No.2

Here, let me get that for you

Emily can't help the groan that comes out of her mouth as she drops back into her seat next to her best friend.

"You're ever so dramatic," Hermione chimes, looking up from her textbook and at her best friend, who is sat with her head in her hands.

"I am not dramatic," Emily retaliates, pushing for a second to consider how she's currently sat "okay. Maybe I'm a little dramatic," she admits making Hermione let out a giggle

"It's just one essay,"

"It's not just the essay. It was just a long day and I'm stressed," she admits. Hermione smiles gently reaching out to give her hand a comforting squeeze. Emily is vaguely aware they are being watched and looks around the library to see a familiar trio of Slytherins a few tables over. Draco is staring straight at her from his seat between Blaise and Theo. He raises his hand in a wave that she returns with a smile before turning back to Hermione.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Her best friend questions, placing her quill down.

"It's all just stressing me out. I mean this whole Sirius Black thing, it's like Harry can't catch a break and you know how I worry about him. And I spend so much time worrying over him that I have no time to focus on my studies and honestly I can't keep up, I've fallen behind in almost all my homework. Then there's the Draco of it all and it's just been a really long day," she admits.

"Oh Em," Hermione sighs gently, taking her friends hand again. "I know you worry about Harry, we all do, but you can't let it distract from your studies. You have to focus on yourself and know that should the time come we will all make sure Harry is safe and protected. As for falling behind you are taking a lot of electives, and you're insanely clever and talented and driven, but if it's too much there is absolutely no shame in dropping one. If the work load is physically too much then no one would judge you. I can help you study anytime you need, but with all your subject and the quidditch team and having a life it's no wonder you're struggling to fit it all in. As for Malfoy, none of us really know what's happening with you two. Do you want to tell me?"

"Well we spoke on the first night, obviously, and we kept smiling at each other and everything and it was nice. More acquaintances than anything but nice. Then the whole Buckbeak thing happened so I went to visit him in the hospital wing and we have been talking a little since," Emily sighs, clearly exasperated

"Well that's nice Em, it's what you wanted,"

"It just feels so weird. Like he's been so horrid to you guys and he's causing all these problems for Hagrid and he is rude and he's obnoxious and he's everything I swore I was leaving behind,"

"No one is going to judge you for liking him Emily. He's good looking. But more importantly than that everyone can see he's different around you," she smiles gently

"You really think that people won't be mad? I mean Fred will blow his lid. Merlin, Ron and Harry will both have a fit. Not to mention Molly. I mean after everything she's done for me, practically taken me in, and I'm going to go ahead and start crushing on the boy who's family are awful to hers. And you. Hermione you're my best friend and the things he's said and done to you, how could you ever forgive me if I were to like Malfoy?"

"No one will be mad. You can't help how you feel. It might be a shock to some people but everyone will come around cause we all love you," Hermione assures, pulling her friend into a tight hug.

The moment is effectively ruined when Ron barges in his voice loud causing Madame Pince to send him a scowl

"Hermione! Where is Scabbers? I know that bloody cat of yours has something to do with it?" He demands