No.8

Of course I'll forgive you. I'm just mad right now.

The minute the news reaches Emily, Hermione is wrapping a sympathetic arm around her shoulder. They are sat opposite Harry and Ron, who were now friends again. Lavender Brown had skipped over a smirk on her face.

Lavender and Emily were friendly enough, they shared a dorm and were on good terms and Lavender always knew the gossip, which Emily had no shame in admitting she enjoyed.

"Hey Lav," she grins as her friend drops into the seat next to her, reaching for the garlic bread on Emily's plate and taking a bite.

"Hey. I've got today's gossip headlines and they're good," she giggles excitedly

"Go right ahead," Emily grins back.

"So. Arabella and Adelaide, you know the girls from beauxbatons? The ones in our herbology class? Well they're both serving detention with Snape because they got caught smoking in the girls bathrooms. Hannah Abott turned Oscar Jeffries down to be his date for the ball and has been secretly dating Alexander, the small Ravenclaw kid from the year below, the one she tutors in Divination. Oh and Malfoy asked Parkinson to the ball," She rambles "I was surprised by the last one, I thought he was going to ask you. I do finally believe you're just friends though," she grins not realising her friend can feel her heart breaking.

"Well-uh-yeah. Just- just friends. Told you Lav," she smiles, it doesn't meet her eyes and Hermione can feel her friend sink into her slightly for comfort.

Across the hall Draco Malfoy is watching the she seems to be on the brink of tears. He had been sneaking glances at her, like he always does, planning on going over to ask if she wanted to study when he had finished his dinner.

Pansy was sat all too close. Hand resting on his chest as she flits her eyelashes at him and fakes a giggle at everything he says to the group.

He watches the way Lavender flounces off to one of the Patil twins, he's not sure which. Notices the way Hermione pulls her in for a side hug and seems to be rubbing her arm comfortingly. Ron and Harry seemingly oblivious, it's when he notices the scowl that Fred Weasley is sending him as he enters the hall he realises the news of his Yule ball date may well have reached her. He pushes the thought away, there's no way she would be so upset over that.

He watches as she stands and walks out of the hall and is quick to follow, jogging slightly when he exits the hall.

"Emily? Hey! Em! Wait up!" He calls as he follows her. She doesn't stop, seemingly walking faster, until eventually he catches up to her and grabs her wrist.

"What do you want Malfoy?" She snaps. Turning round to look at him from two stairs above in the empty corridor. His heart snaps at the tears that are on her cheeks.

"I noticed you leaving dinner early. I just wanted to check on you. Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm feeling embarrassed and hurt if I'm honest," she snaps. Pulling her arm from his grip and storming away. Wishing that he would stop following.

"Why? What's wrong precious?"  He calls, still hot on her trail.

"No! No I am not having this argument in the middle of the fucking corridor Draco!" She yells, drawing the attention of the portraits on the wall.

"Argument? So it's something I've done?" He questions. Rolling his eyes despite the guilt in his chest when she lets out a bitter laugh

"Fucking obviously," she retorts. He lets out a groan and grabs her arm pulling her into an empty classroom.

"Why are you so angry at me?" He questions. Watching the way her fists clench as tears slip down.

"Parkinson? Of all people you ask Parkinson?"