No.59

You're an idiot, you know that right?

"Emily, wait down here. I think it'll be best if I speak to her alone," Harry suggests, both watching Luna retreat down the corridor.

"Okay, be quick alright?" She requests he nods before heading up the final staircase in an attempt to find the grey lady.

Emily stands, wand clutched in her hand and eyes raking the corridor. The minute she hears footsteps coming from the other direction her breathing hitches. After everything this is where it ends?

She spins around and feels very dramatic for her instant assumption someone was here to kill her when she sees Draco.

"What are you doing here?" She calls down the corridor, a small smile on her face

"Looking for you. You're an idiot, you know that right?"

"How so?" She teases, a bright grin on her face just at his presence

"Going to get yourself killed," he shrugs

"Perhaps," she smiles up at him. He's at her side now arms wrapping around her waist to hold her to him

"Your my idiot though," he smirks

"Of course. We don't have long so maybe stop insulting me and kiss me instead,"

It's all it takes. His lips meeting hers and kissing hard, it could very well be the last chance he gets.

"Everything is gonna be okay," she whispers against him

"You don't know that,"

"I know. But I really do believe it," she adds gently. They can both hear someone coming down the stairs, she knows it's Harry and her lack of care makes Draco assume she knows it's safe.

"Please, please just don't leave me?"

"Draco-" she sighs gently

"Emily, we need to leave. I know where to go," Harry reminds from a few feet away.

"It's okay. Go. Just- just- this can't be the last time I see you alive. You can't do that to me angel,"

"I know. Hey, one last night and if we both survive everything will be different," she reminds. He nods, accepting the last fleeting kiss she presses to his lips before she pulls away.

He watches as she runs, Harry by her side as he shouts about wherever they are going.

**

"Where is she?" He questions Harry. Theo had mentioned Emily and Harry saying where they were going and he needed to find his wand. He'd arrived though, and she wasn't there.

"We got split up," Harry returns

"She'll be okay. she's with the twins," Hermione enters the room and all eyes snap to her, Harry looking at her with an unspoken question in his eyes "we saw them on the map," she speaks. Draco doesn't bother to question what that could possibly mean.

"Where?"

"Near the Gryffindor tower," she speaks quietly, a tension fills the room. There was no doubt that Draco wouldn't hurt them, not when he was so desperate to be enough for Emily, she would never forgive him. But Goyle was as stupid as he looked and no one could put it past him.

"Potter, I need my wand,"

"What's wrong with the one you've got?" He questions, gesturing to the raised wand in Draco's hand

"Do it Draco. Don't be a prat," Goyle whispers

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione's voice calls, Draco's wand flying from his hand

"AVARDA KEDARVA!"

"Stupify !"

"That's my girlfriend you numpty!" Ron screams, running after the retreating trio of slytherins.

Harry is quick to start climbing the tower of junk looking for the horcrux. Hermione following suit and clambering to join him. They jump back down, diadem in hand when they here Ron's yell

"Goyle set the bloody place on fire!" He screams sprinting past and grabbing Hermione's arm on his way.

By the time they've found brooms the entire room is engulfed in flames. "We have to go back for them!" Hermione orders as they swoop past the slytherins.

"What? Are you serious?" Ron questions

"If Malfoy dies and she finds out we could have saved him she will never forgive us," Harry agrees

**

They hit the floor and immediately the slytherins retreat. Running away from Harry, Ron and Hermione in the empty corridor.

"If you find her first, we need her," Harry speaks simply

"Alright," Draco nods in response and with that he's gone in an attempt to find Emily.