No.81

Please give me attention or I will quite possibly die

Emily entered the Malfoy manor through the fireplace, looking around the empty room to see Draco wasn't occupying it.

Technically, he hadn't invited her over so wasn't waiting for her like he usually would be. But she was impossibly bored and Draco had always told her she was welcome anytime.

She sighs pulling George's sweater tighter around her and trudging through his house. Her fluffy pj bottoms and socks providing little comfort to the chill of the houses despite it being July.

Having gone to almost every room she was about to give up on finding Draco at all until she heard noises coming from the office at the end of the corridor.

"Draco!" She calls, knocking gently on the door, his faint humming sounding from the other side. He grins at the sound of her voice despite a little confusion.

"Come in angel," he calls out. He looks at her with a grin "cute pjs," he smirks

"What you doing?"

"Reading up some old medical cases. Can't work out what's wrong with that little boy, his skin is still bright green and there's nothing we can do to fix it. Was hoping to find some answers in here but it's not going well," he shrugs casually, the boy way in no real trouble medically speaking he just looked funny so Draco wasn't too bothered over finding an antidote, he was a back pedal patient. "Did I forget we have plans?"

"Nope. I'm just so bored I could pull all my teeth out just for something to do so I figured I'd come see you,"

"Won't be much fun. Gotta finish my reading," he informs "no one else free?"

"Ginny's at school. Harry is in Yorkshire looking for fenrir greyback. Hermione and Ron are on their honeymoon. George is on a date with Angelina. Luna is at Neville's. Bill is at work. Charlie went back to Romania this morning," she lists off

"Why don't you stop by the shop?" He suggests

"It's closed for the day. Pipe burst so there's someone in fixing it," she shrugs

"Well, you're welcome to hang out here if you want to but I've got to finish my reading before I can entertain you,"

"That's okay. You got paper pencils?" She questions

"Help yourself," he gestures to a drawer before turning back to his reading.

She grabs what she needs and sits sketching Draco while he works.

A familiar peace settles over the pair. Draco's gentle hum the only sound filling the air but neither care. Simply being together improved both of the days and they felt no awkwardness at the silence. Instead just enjoying being able to steal glances at each other when the other isn't watching.

An hour passes before Draco puts his last article down. "Done,"

"Great. Please give me attention or I will quite possibly die," she grins, abandoning the sketch halfway through.

"Very dramatic today,"

"Nope," she grins popping the p as she jumps up from the arm chair she was curled up in. "You wouldn't want a dead body on your hands would you?"

"Well of course not," he smirks

"Wouldn't be a good look on you. Being a healer an all,"

"And an ex death eater," he adds. He says it lightly like a joke but there's a look in his eyes that breaks her heart.

"Oh come off it Draco. Everyone know you're innocent, it's why the entire fucking school showed up to testify your innocence and loyalty," she reminds, reaching to give his shoulder a gentle squeeze. She knew he was racked with guilt despite nothing being his fault. He never hurt a fly.

"What do you wanna do?" He asks, changing the subject quickly as he stands up.

"I don't know, but I fancy a cup of tea," she decides

"Let's start there then," he agrees. They chat casually as they trek to his kitchen to make the drinks.

"So, you'll be at the graduation ceremony next week I'd assume," Draco comments

"Of course. Got to watch my little sister finish school," she grins, she was excited for Ginny to graduate knowing it would mean getting to see her a lot more. "And you'll be there of course,"

"Yeah," he nods, avoiding eye contact a little. "Molly stopped by yesterday,"

"Oh really?"

"Wanted to extend the invitation to fortnightly dinner to Astoria if I wanted her to come. Meet everyone,"

"Oh. Wow. That would be lovely,"

"I won't bring her," Draco speaks quickly. He already knew he didn't want any pure blood traditions tarnishing the family life Molly was pulling him into.

"If you want her to meet everyone you are more than welcome to. If she would feel awkward me being there I can make up an excuse to miss one,"

"Course not. No one wants you to not show, reckon you're everyone's favourite at this point," he grins

"Don't know about that," she smiles gently

"I know you're mine," he grins.

They spent a lot of time together. More time than ex's should. More time than most friends did. They both felt a constant draw to kiss each other. It was like they were magnets drawn together always. Like they couldn't quite breathe when the other was in the room and they weren't touching.

It was a desire they both pushed down. Both tried desperately to not react too. But in that moment, looking at her in her fluffy pjs and a massive jumper Draco was ready to push all the smart choices out of the window.

Astoria would graduate and they would get less and less time just them and he can't help but wonder if the moment to give her one final kiss had arrived. He knew after the graduation the engagement would come quickly.

"Emily- I-" he starts

"Don't say anything," Emily whispers. Her eyes flicking between his lips and his eyes. She can feel the tension in the room is slightly different.

He leans closer, his lips inches from hers. His breath fanning against her face

"DRACO!" A voice calls from the hallway

"Mother?" He questions. Immediately stumbling backwards a little as Narcissa bursts into the room. She looks between her son and Emily, who is stood in her pjs mouth agape, clearly sensing the tension filling the room. "What are you doing here?"

"We came back for Astoria's graduation. It's only polite,"

"Where is father?"

"He's stopped at the ministry on the way home. Wanted to see a friend. I suggest miss Davies isn't here when he arrives," she speaks. It's clear she's going to turn a blind eye the scene in front of her.

"I'll go now. Draco, I'll see you around," she mumbles, exiting the small gap between Draco's body and the kitchen wall.

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Promise," he speaks gently, his eyes not leaving her for a second.

"Emily, it was lovely to see you alive and well. Good luck with everything in the future," Narcissa smiles, breaking her facade of not caring.

"And you Narcissa. I hope everything works out exactly how you want it too," she smiles back equally politely. Moving to exit the room and stopping for a second in the door way "give my mother my best," she speaks and then leaves the room to the fireplace.