No.1

Draco stands looking through the window of a posh jewellery store, eyes scanning the windows as he half listens to Ron and Harry discussing the likelihood of Hagrid accidentally stomping on one of their unborn children should they ever let him babysit. Draco had no idea how they got to the subject but felt it wiser to leave them too it.

"What are you looking at?" Ron demands, his attention landing on Draco as they wait for George to arrive.

"He's looking at big diamond rings, obviously," The older boy's voice makes the three boys jump as they turn to see his knowing smirk.

Draco moves to protest this, despite it being utterly true until his phone buzzes in his pocket, providing him the perfect out.

"Hang on, it might be work," he explains grabbing the phone as the others laugh, he picks up without bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hey Draco," immediately a smile graces his features at her voice and he turns away from the boys when he sees them all smirk at how obviously in love his is.

"Hey angel, what's up?"

"I was just wondering if you could pick up a birthday card for Victorie while you're out,"

"Yeah of course,"

"You're amazing, thank you, oh and if you happen by a supermarket we are out of milk and cocoa pops,"

"I'll grab them," he confirms

"Perfect. I'll see you later," she chimes

Draco doesn't think for a single second, doesn't even notice himself do it cause it feels so natural.

"Okay sweetheart, I love you," he hangs up immediately after, paying no mind to it until he sees the others staring at him with wide eyes and open mouths.

"What?" He asks, looking between the three

"You and Emily finally said it," Harry comments

"About time if he is looking at rings," Ron shrugs

"Wondered if you'd ever pluck up the courage," George adds

"What are you talking about?" Draco questions, utterly confused. George realises first and his eyes widen a loud laugh filling the air

"You just told her you love her for the first time on the phone and then immediately hung up. Seriously Malfoy, after the big grand love story that is how you do it?" He questions

Draco looks like the entire world just exploded around him and without another word he's running down the street in the direction of their apartment, the sounds of the boys laughing becoming faint as he sprints past confused looking onlookers.

**

Emily laughs a little when the dial tone sounds through her phone, not paying the statement any mind. She had known Draco loved her for a long time, he had told her a million times without ever saying the words.

He bursts into the kitchen red in the face and panting only 6 minutes later and she can't help the chuckle.

"Alright Draco? Fancied a run I see,"

"I am so sorry," he speaks between pants.

"Take a minute, regain yourself and then we can talk," she laughs, he nods calming his breathing as she continues wrapping Victorie's birthday presents in pink butterfly wrapping paper.

"I am so sorry," he speaks again

"Put your finger on this please," she states, he does as told holding the paper still while she tapes it. Once the large box is wrapped she turns to him, giving him her full attention.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I said it. I said I love you and it was- well I didn't mean to and it all- hang on that sounds wrong. I meant to, I mean it and I have wanted to forever but I forgot I've never actually said it. And I do, I love you more than anything on earth, more than I have ever loved anything and I have loved you forever and I will love you the rest of my life and I just- I wanted it to be special so I put it off and now I ruined it and-"

"Draco, calm down," she smiles gently, standing from her chair and standing close to him, her arms wrapping around his neck as her hands stroke his shoulders soothingly. "I know all of this," she assures, leaning up to press a kiss to his jaw

"I love you," Draco speaks, he always wondered how people said it so freely but right there staring into her eyes he would scream it from the rooftops if she asked.

"I love you," she returns it gently, Draco pulling her closer and pressing a hungry kiss to her lips, only pulling away to look at her once more

"Say it again,"

"I love you," she smiles

"I love you,"