no.98

Not going anywhere

"Mr Malfoy," A voice calls out, hand knocking on his office door. It was his lunch break and he was eating the packed lunch Emily had prepared him and enjoying the moment of peace. He had been on his feet all day and was exhausted from his stressful morning.

"Come in," he calls out, a younger receptionist enters. She was new and looked timid in front of him. "How can I help?" He questions, glancing up from the paperwork he had been scanning as he ate

"Sorry to disturb your lunch break but there's a patient requesting you by name in emergency care," She informs, Draco sighs

"You do know they aren't allowed to request specific doctors?" He questions, his tone a little snappy mainly due to exhaustion and he feels bad immediately so flashes her a smile.

"I am, I told her this but she said that if you didn't come right now she would have to come and find you. Her leg is broken in three places so I don't know how likely it would be to happen but she seemed very angry,"

"Did you get a name?" He questions, dropping his sandwich down and standing up, grabbing the clipboard from her hands and scanning the sheet. "Shit," he mutters, taking off down the corridor to the stairwell.

**

"Enjoying terrorising the staff?" Draco questions with a smirk as he enters the room Emily is in. She's sat with her leg up in bed, and a cut on her face joined by a sheepish smile.

"Sorry for disrupting your lunch," She mumbles, he rolls his eyes approaching her with a concerned look on his face.

"How in the world have you done this?" he questions. Draco usually handles more serious cases but was more than willing to take an easy job when it was his own girlfriend sat in the bed, in fact if anyone else has dared to try and fix her he'd have ripped their head off for the smallest of errors.

"I fell down the stairs at the shop. Stupid little mini robot things getting under my feet," She admits

"And how are you feeling?" He questions, taking his wand out to begin mending her leg, muttering a simple incantation as he works.

"Horrible, I won't lie to you Draco it really hurts," She admits, he softens a little. Pity radiating off him as he finishes fixing the breaks in her legs. He pulls a chair and sits by her side, leaning forward to press a gentle kiss to her lips.

"You're going to be just fine angel, leg is all fixed and i'll mend the cut and you'll be as good as new," He promises, pressing a peck to the tip of her nose. With a simple spell the cut on her face melds together and if it was any other patient their doctor would leave.

Draco, of course, doesn't leave, summoning a damp cloth and gently wiping at the dried up blood on her cheek.

"Thank you," She hums gently

"Anytime darling," he assures, setting the cloth down. She knows how busy he gets and expects him to leave to continue with his work, sending in a trainee to run her checks and dismiss her. He surprises her when he stays sat down, grabbing her hand in his, the dull ache in her leg and throbbing in her head more manageable with him by her side. His thumb subconsciously strokes the side of her hand like it always does.

"You can go y'know?" She questions making him roll his eyes

"Not going anywhere," He promises, lifting her hand up with his to press a kiss to her knuckles, smiling when she blushes.

"I know how busy you are," she argues

"I have another 47 minutes of my lunch break and so for the next 47 minutes I'm staying right here,"

"I could be discharged in like 10," she teases

"As your doctor, I have decided you need 47 minutes of bed rest before you have your checks," He shrugs making her giggle.

"Y'know what this reminds me of?" she questions, he looks up at her in question "When i fell off my broom and you wrote all my notes for me," She smiles gently

"You got hit off your broom and I also beat the guy that did it up," He chuckles

"You really were my knight in shining armour,"

"Were?" he questions in mock offence, gasping dramatically and smirking when she laughs

"Are," She corrects, sitting up in bed to press a kiss to his cheek.

47 minutes later Draco carries out her checks himself despite it being a junior healer's job. Discharging her and promising to bring home some pain potions to save her from having to wait in the large prescription queue.

He returns home that night with takeout food, pain potions and flowers. Running his girlfriend a bubble bath and pampering her all night simply to see the bright grin on her face.