No.3

Seeing you happy makes me happy

He can't help but watch as she enters the room, it's the morning they travel home from their third year and they had become close throughout it.

She was walking with Harry, a wide grin on her face as she did so. He's laughing at whatever she is saying and Draco hates that he feels a pang of jealousy as Potter throws an arm around her. Around his girl.

The anger in his body dissipates, almost instantly, as he noticed her eyes scanning the room for him and she waves. He grins back before turning back to Crabbe and Goyle, hoping desperately that he looks casual.

He steals glances throughout breakfast and she seems to be positively glowing. He wonders if something major has happened as her whole group seem to be in a good mood, even Ron, who's leg is bandaged up and elevated. They did have a habit of finding adventures.

He's surprised to say the least when he sees her approaching his table with a wide grin. Although, many students would go and see friends from other houses at meal times they had never gone to each other's tables, and a Gryffindor amongst Slytherins was uncommon.  He may have been surprised but that didn't mean he wasn't happy about it.

She drops into the seat between him and Theo ever so casually and he's embarrassed that his palms are sweating slightly.

"Hi Dray," she grins casually

"Hello Em, what can I do for you?" He questions, he's trying to ignore the way her thigh brushes against his

"What is she doing at our table?" Pansy's shrill voice questions. He's quick to feel angry. His blood turning cold as he spins in his chair to look at her.

"She's here to see me Parkinson. That a problem?" He snaps. Rolling his eyes when the girl immediately pales and turns back to Daphne, ashamed for have been snapped at.

"Calm down Draco, pug-face only asked a question. After all, don't you want to know why I am gracing you with my presence?" She grins, waggling her eyebrows in a way he finds so adorable he's certain he is putty in her hands.

"Course I do angel," he grins back happily. Ignoring the way his friends are watching their interaction "although, I assume it is to see me. Unless, you have some other Slytherin boys lined up, which really wouldn't be too much of a surprise,"

"Course it's you Draco. No other boys in my life I can assure you,"

"Potter and the Weasel's?" He questions with raised eyebrows. She sends him a pointed look to which he rolls his eyes "sorry did I say weasel's. I meant to say Weasley's,"

"They aren't proper boys. They're like little genderless balls of energy that are rather annoying but I can't help but love," she explains, making him chuckle and shake her head at her declaration

"So no other boys. Point taken," he grins, she's not sure if she's imagined him shuffling just a little closer on the bench.

"A good point well made by yours truly. Now, why I'm actually here. I wanted to say goodbye," she explains. He feels his heart skip a beat. He has been nervous that their friendship would dwindle out once more and clearly here it is. Why did she seem so fucking happy?

"Huh?" He questions. He doesn't want her to actually say it but thinks maybe it'll be good for his personal closure.

"I mean obviously I won't see you over summer, and I kind of figured that- well- I didn't know how your parents would feel about their best friends blood traitor daughter bounding up to their son to give him a hug and wish him a happy summer," she shrugs. He can't help the small sigh of relief.

"Yeah. It's probably for the best we say goodbye here. You'll write over break though?" He questions

"Of course. I have to keep you updated in my shenanigans at the burrow or I'll forget all the good stories," she grins, clearly excited for summer break "Harry is staying all summer too, and Charlie is home from Romania for a while and he's so much fun. Plus, nothing can beat Molly's cooking. We have a full quidditch team with Charlie home to be the third chaser. Oh, and Ginny and I, we always share a room, and she learnt to braid hair this year and she said she would do mine every night before bed so I have cute curly hair every day ," she rambles and he can't help the grin on his face

"Well that all sounds lovely," he smiles kindly, he wonders if she'll miss him half as much as he knows he'll miss her "I'll be lucky if you can find the time to write to me," he teases

"I'll always find time for you Dray, I promise," she grins back "it's you that won't have the time. You'll be off gallivanting around Paris and Italy. If there's anything about that life I miss it's my parents house in Italy, well Italy in general really,"

"I'll take you back one day," Draco grins

"It would be nice to go together again. You'll be staying with my parents when you're there? And my sister?" She questions

"I will," he confirms, a gentle hand on her arm to comfort her but he's pleasantly surprised to see her grin doesn't falter

"Well, you enjoy the house on my behalf. Oh and ask Rosaleena how she got on at Beauxbatons for me. It was her first year and I do worry. Could you- uh-" she cuts herself off. The only thing she regrets is that she lost touch with her little sister, they had once been ever so close.

"I'll send her your love," he smiles, squeezing her arm and she grins back.

"Thanks Dray,"

"Anything for you," he beams

"Why are you so soft today Draco?" The girl questions with raised eyebrows.

"Seeing you happy makes me happy," he shrugs and she can feel her heart melt. She doesn't think twice about flinging her arms around him in a tight hug.

"I'll miss you angel," he whispers

"I'll miss you more Dray," she returns before pulling away "do not forget to write to me Malfoy or I will set the twins on you and let them prank you all year,"

"I wouldn't dream of forgetting you," he laughs.

"Em! We need to go and get our last things packed!" Hermione calls loudly

"See you soon?" She questions. He nods and gathers all his courage, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek, relief flooding him when she doesn't seem angry and instead blushes brightly and grins widely. Returning the gentle action by pecking his cheek before jumping up and bounding off towards the door where Hermione and Ginny are standing, clearly waiting for her.