No.72

You really are a lifesaver

Draco sighs as he places yet another heavy box onto the floor of the living room.

Hermione and Emily had decided to move into an apartment together. Only two weeks after leaving Hogwarts they were moving in.

Harry and Ron shared an apartment a little down the street and the girls had figured until Hermione and Ron got married (he had popped the question at graduation) that they should live together.

It was an ideal location, a five minute walk from the ministry where Hermione would start her new job soon and only ten minutes from diagon alley. Emily was excited to be working at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, she'd been working with George to get everything ready for reopening. The two planning on running the shop together with her focusing on marketing and advertising and George focusing on designing products and running the business. The plan being that once any leftover death eaters had been rounded up which was currently the ministry's number one jobs for auror's Ron would join them working in the store.

They had been planning for Ron and Harry to help them with the heavy lifting but they'd been called away as part of their careers as newly a qualified Aurors. Not really sure who else to call the girls had owled Draco in the middle of the night and sure enough the next morning he arrived to help them with moving day.

"Could always use magic you know," Emily quips, she's currently unpacking the living room furniture and using her wand to build the flat pack furniture.

"If you were just going to used magic you wouldn't have needed to rope me in to be your muscle," he smirks, flexing his admittedly toned biceps.

"You really are a lifesaver," Emily grins, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she walks past. "Surprised you weren't at training today,"

"Nah, already clocked the maximum hours this week," Draco replies as he follows her through into the kitchen and dining room.

"Cup of tea?" Emily offers

"Please,"

"How's it going anyway?" She asks, pulling the mugs from a box.

"Emily, we had dinner at the burrow last week and discussed how it's going," he reminds with a grin.

True to their promise the pair had stayed friends. Even Ron was finally coming around to the addition to their group and Molly was more than happy to adopt him into her ever growing clan.

"Yes, but I know you and if it wasn't going well you'd never have said so in front of so many people,"

"I meant what I said, it's going great," he assures. Watching as she pours the boiling water from the kettle into the mugs, moving to grab the milk and sugar.

"Any more details?" She questions, her back to him as she speaks.

"Feels good to finally be helping people," he admits

"I think that's beautiful Draco," she smiles gently. Walking over and placing the cup of tea in front of him, settling in the chair across the table to look at him.

"Are you and George ready to reopen next week?"

"Think it'll be an emotional day, but business wise we are. He's given me the week off cause we are all sorted to get moved in," she explains

"We should get dinner one night then, if you aren't working," Draco offers

"Yeah that'd be nice. Apparently there's a nice new Italian place down the road from here,"

"Well it's only polite for us to go and try it out," Draco grins brightly.

"Rude not to," Emily returns with a smirk. "I heard through the grapevine that Astoria and Matthew broke up,"

"Yeah. She mentioned that," Draco nods in confirmation. He'd been writing to his future wife since he left school under his parents orders and found her to be nice. Not someone he could fall in love with because she could never be Emily. She was however someone he found himself becoming friends with. "He broke up with her. Apparently he didn't want to keep trying when they could never be together,"

"Sounds familiar," Emily shrugs, Draco sends her a sorry smile.

"She graduates this summer," Draco speaks quietly, eyes staring at the mug in front of him.

"Thought she was two years younger,"

"Oh she skipped a year. Her parents had her go to some summer school and then practically forced Snape to let her skip a year when he was headmaster. She thought McGonagall would pull her back down but she agrees Astoria's work was exemplary and asked her which she'd rather and she opted to not move back down,"

"So you'll both be graduated," Emily comments

"Yep," Draco nods. He can see she's processing so he chooses not to say anymore.

"Purebloods like to marry their kids off young,"

"Better looking reception," Draco shrugs. Emily hums in agreement, she looks like she's about to ask a question when the door swings open

"Seriously you two? I've been shifting boxes from the burrow to here all day and your day having a cup of tea?" Hermione grumbles, turning to them both as she places a box on the ground "could have at least made me one," she adds. It's only when she finally bothers to notice the atmosphere in the room she realises she's clearly interrupting. "Sorry, was something happening? I can go and-"

"It's fine 'Mione. I need to go and get on with this coffee table," Emily excuses, exciting the kitchen and leaving Draco sighing and Hermione looking at him in question. He shrugs in response

"I'll go get some more boxes from the lobby," he announces, slipping past Hermione who wonders what in the world she'd managed to interrupt.