No.16

I was just thinking about you

Draco Malfoy can't help the smile on his face. He can't help the way it spreads across his face and is reflected in his eyes as he adjusts his bag on his shoulder.

He's watching, looking all love sick and slightly dorky from across the corridor.

At the other end she looks like an angel to him. A true vision. Her brown hair is loose around her shoulders, tucked behind her ears. Her school uniform still on despite it being way past dinner time, he was surprised to see her at all, expecting most students to be in bed. Her tie undone and loose around her neck.

She was bent down in front of a sniffling first year Ravenclaw student. Stroking the young girl's long blonde hair comfortingly, and talking quietly to her. The first year who's eyes were red rimmed seemed to be leaning into her touch.

He can't help the fond feeling in his chest. He knew she was better than, a better person who had changed a lot since her youth. She had forced herself into a position that she could choose who she wanted to be. But on a smaller scale she made positive choices everyday, something he never had.

She was comforting the first year, who Draco truly has no idea if she knows, like it was the only thing in the world she had to do. He knows if he had seen the crying girl he probably would have walked straight past and a part of him wishes he had just a little more love in him, a little more consideration.

He can't make out what the first year is blabbing about but he watches with a weird pang of desire as his girlfriend gives her a quick hug before sending her on her way, facing away from him as she watches the young girl leave.

He uses the moment to sneak up behind her, wrapping his arms around her and laughing loudly when she squeals in shock, before leaning back into his touch.

Draco was aware there was something about her presence that changed him. It made him soft and he wasn't sure if he liked it at all. Yet, she gave him a sense of hope and she made him want to be better. She made him want to be a boy worthy of her and with that came the need to be a better man. He needed to touch her, to look at her, to kiss her. He always needed her. It grounded him and it reminded him she was his. She was his and he needed to work to keep it that way, something he was more than prepared to do.

"I was just thinking about you," she admits, turning in his arms to face him, her arms looping around his neck as she leans up to kiss him. A kiss that makes him forget he needs to breathe.

"Is that so?" He questions, smirk evident on his face

"Always am," she grins back, before cocking her head in confusion "what are you doing up? It's late," she questions, eyeing him up and down as if she's checking for something that's wrong.

"Supposed to be meeting Blaise at the kitchens to go sneak some food, I could always blow him off and do something with you though," he offers with a small smile, and he doesn't look like the cocky boy she knows rather a slightly shy boy who so desperately wanted to please her.

"It's curfew in 10 minutes," she reminds with a pout

"Oh so you will break curfew for potter and not for me?" He questions, a playful tone in his voice and a mischievous glint in his eyes

"I'm already on my way from a detention for being out past curfew, sneaking back from your dorm when you wouldn't let me leave the other day by the way, I don't want another," she reminds, her hand subconsciously stroking up and down his face that was still meet inches from her own

"How was professor Snape?"

"He hates me. Like really he has a vendetta against me. Seriously, the twins and I dye his eyebrows red and gold for one quidditch match and he acts like murdered his mother," she groans dramatically dropping her head onto his shoulder "plus he was a right arse to this little first year. She'd never even had a detention before and she was crying by the end of it, poor thing," she adds, subconsciously pulling him a little closer, enjoying the feeling of his hand stroking up and down her back.

"Seems like you looked after her,"

"You saw that?" She questions looking up to see his gentle nod, eyes looking at her with so much admiration her heart feels like it's melting "You really are everywhere Malfoy, like a stalker," she teases

"I prefer the term doting boyfriend,"

"Do your little gang know you're such a softie?"

"No they do not and you will not be telling them. Theo and Blaise would have a field day," he playfully reprimands, hand moving to tuck her loose hair back behind her ear.

"Although I would love to see that it word got back to Pug-face she would be even more insufferable with her pawing on you and I may actually hex her," she grins brightly

"So my secrets safe?"

"Seems to be,"

"I'll thank dear Pansy," he winks

"You'll take the dear from before her name right out," she playfully scolds, hand swatting his chest lightly making him chuckle. He grabs her hand in his, pulling it to his face to press a kiss to the back of it.

"You're my dearest if it helps,"

"One of the many suitors for the charming and beautiful Mr Malfoy," she grins dropping into a fake courtesy that he can't help but laugh at.

"My favourite by a mile," he grins, arms back around her and pressing her gently to a wall, lips on hers in the empty corridor. The moonlight hitting them as it gets more heated, her hands pulling him closer by his shirt and his travelling up and down her body, leaving her hot under his touch.

A loud cough breaks them apart, a bright red flush over taking both sides face as they turn to see the potions master having left the room a few metres away.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Davies, I have no doubt you both know that curfew is in five minutes, I would hate to have you in my detention again tomorrow Miss Davies," he drawls, his eyes flicking between the couple.

"Right Professor, I will uh- just go back to the Gryffindor tower," she nods, hoping the teacher will leave but her remains still, cold glaze on her.

She shoot Draco a wink before leaving the small space between him and the wall, awkwardly walking past her teacher, who seems to be waiting to watch Draco retreat to his own common room before he leaves.

She rounds the corner and once again her thoughts run to the pure blood boy and as was so often the way at the moment, she found her body missing his touch.