Tormented

At this hour, you would either be in the comforting silence of the common room or the library, but not this evening. Tonight, you were still in the loud and crowded Great Hall, surrounded by most members of the Slytherin Quidditch team except for Regulus, Ansel, and Alban Seward; the seventh year beater. 

The team had barely left you alone for the past days since the Quidditch friendly, not that you were really complaining since you secretly enjoyed having company now that Regulus was avoiding you once more, and the marauders were nowhere to be seen.

Probably off somewhere planning a prank for Filch... again, you shrugged, focusing on your empty plate.

"-And then when (y/n) performed a basically flawless Finbourgh Flick, the face on Ravenclaw's keeper was priceless!" Ambrose Greengrass exclaimed excitedly as he motioned his arms in every direction. "Bet they weren't expecting that at all!"

"Finbourgh Flick?" you repeated, paying attention to the conversation next to you.

"Yeah. When you hit the Quaffle with your broomstick in midair," he cocked his head to the side, as if it was obvious. 

"Cut her some slack, Greengrass," Lucinda cut in. "(Y/n) might be a talented player, but she knows nothing of Quidditch strategy and vocabulary, except for the basics... No offense."

"None taken," you said. "She's right though. I just copied that move since Ansel had done it before."

"You just... copied it?!" Ambrose gasped. "Never practiced it? Salazar, that's bloody awesome! Hey, captain, if we don't take her in the team next year, I quit."

"Not much of a threat there, Greengrass, you're a substitute, after all," she snickered. It seemed these jokes that could be taken rudely were welcomed amongst Quidditch players. "And don't tell me that. You know I'll be gone by the time (y/n) can try out."

"Don't say it like that, Lucinda," Adelaide, who was sitting next to the captain sighed. "Almost half of the players are graduating this year. I don't want to leave the team in the hands of our underclassmen."

"Hey! That's rude," Dustan, the other beater, said as he set his glass of water on the table. "We all know Regulus Black will be the captain next year, so there's no need for you to worry."

"True enough. But I still wanted to be here for at least one more year. Would've been nice to have another girl on the team," Adelaide sneered. "But now that we're talking about our champion seeker, where is he?"

"Somewhere as far away from me as possible, I bet," you grumbled.

"Oh, right," she hummed. "You two are in some type of argument. Man, I know I couldn't last that long without my best friend. You two sure are stubborn."

"Unfortunately," you sighed. 

"I feel a little bad for you, (y/n)," Adelaide leaned her chin on her hand. "Not only is your best friend not talking to you, but you dating Hogwarts' literal heartthrob has turned a lot of people against you."

Oh yes, did I forget to mention? The whole Slytherin Quidditch team knows about me and Sirius, apparently, you monologued mentally. "You don't say?"

"Didn't you almost get pushed down the grand staircase two days ago by a jealous boy?" Ambrose added.

"Almost," you emphasized the word. "As if I'd trip because of a small jinx."

"Ah, it's almost amusing to see how far people will go because of jealousy," the female keeper shrugged. "Understandable why they would do that, though. After all, he's Sirius Black. Everyone would die to date him, I mean, have you seen the guy? Literal perfection. Though they'd rather not date him and have him remain single over him dating someone else."