Potion afternoon

"Excited for potions on this lovely afternoon, (y/n)?" Regulus grinned mischievously as the two of you walked side by side towards the dungeons. 

"Sure..?" you cocked your eyebrows. "'This lovely afternoon'? Are you ill or possessed?"

"None of the above," he rolled his eyes. "I'm just looking forward to it because the potion I'm brewing for the project is Draught of Living Death."

"Oh, right, it is. What's your point though? A sleeping draught doesn't sound like something you'd get super excited about, now would it?" you asked. 

"Well, in the unfortunate event that you... theoretically speaking, of course, happen to drink this draught, you'd fall into a deathlike sleep," Regulus explained, "...which would be fair payback for casting a sleeping hex on me."

I swear to Merlin, the Black brothers know nothing about what 'fair payback' is, you sighed. "Reggie, that was almost a week ago. Plus, you can't even compare a deathlike sleep to Somnium, which wears off eventually. Either way, theoretically speaking, if I did drink your Draught of living death, Slughorn has a cabinet with three bottles of Wiggenweld potion, so your plan would fail."

"Worth a try," he shrugged. 

"You'd probably get expelled," you pointed out as the both of you walked into the potion's classroom. 

"Still worth it," Regulus sneered and headed towards his assigned table where Peter would eventually be as well. But as always, the Marauders would come way after you and Regulus. 

"I'm glad I'm worth the consequences of a felony," you shook your head with a smile and took a seat in your respective place, organizing your things before class started, as all the students started to flock towards their tables. Of course, you weren't surprised when the four Gryffindors were the last ones to come... late.

"I'm here!" Sirius exclaimed with his arms wide opened as he stepped past the door. 

"And I'm a deer!" James snickered less loudly, making the other Marauders laugh. 

Their inside jokes are so dumb they make me lose brain cells, you sighed as Slughorn scolded the four of them for being late for the first potion class after the holiday break. Why is he even surprised, though?

"Good afternoon, love!" Sirius said as he slid in the seat next to you.

"What's up with everybody being happy about this time of the day?" you asked aloud.

"I don't know about others, but for me, it's because I finally get to spend time with you," he shrugged. "You know, when I said we should hang out, I didn't mean only during potion class when we have to work together."

"I know," you sighed. "I've just been busy this week, with classes starting and all. But I promise I'll clear my schedule and make it up to you."

"Last time you said you'd make it up to me, we went on a date together, so I like where this is going," Sirius smirked. 

"Lovely connection you made there, Sirius," you rolled your eyes. 

"You know you had fun that day. The same thing goes for the Muggle town. You really liked going on those dates with me," he said. "Of course, that would make sense. I'm amazing to spend time with."

"No comment," you smiled. "Now focus. We have less than a month to finish the animagus potion and figure how to present it."

"It'll be fine. We're working together, after all."

"That's exactly why we should get to work," you sneered. 

"Uh- mean," Sirius scoffed. "You do know I get brilliant grades, right?"