Slytherin's match

The Inter-House Cup had started two weeks ago, opened by an exciting match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, which the latter had won. The end of November had arrived, and it was time for Slytherin to enter the field in their first match against Ravenclaw. 

"Nervous?" Regulus asked, leaning towards you as he slipped on his Slytherin robe.

"I should be asking you that," you hummed, securing your Quidditch gloves. "It's your first match as captain. Don't you feel the pressure that comes with that?"

"Of course I do," he nodded, running his hand through his hair to push it back. "Why do you think I'm distracting myself by asking you?"

You took your broom and applied some protective wax on the wood in case it would rain or even snow. The Cumulonimbus was a rare and luxurious broom, and you were determined to take very good care of it. "How nice of you. For a second I thought you were actually concerned about my worries."

"Well, that's because I know you'll do good," Regulus smirked, walking towards the door of the changing room. "I hope you're all geared up because it's time. Let's show Ravenclaw the new Slytherin team!"

Everyone cheered enthusiastically before following Regulus towards the Quidditch pitch, where you mounted your brooms and prepared for the signal to enter the pitch. When the whistle blew, you pushed yourself off the ground and flew behind Regulus and next to Ansel in a V-shape formation.

At the arrival of the teams, the crowd went wild, and the loud conjunction of encouraging yells roared throughout the stadium. "It almost feels like all of Hogwarts is here!" Ambrose gasped in awe, looking all around as both teams came to a mid-air halt in the center of the field. 

"Focus, Greengrass," Regulus called out, looking over his shoulder. "You're a general chaser now. Don't get distracted."

"Uh- yes! Sorry, captain!"

Nervously chuckling under your breath, you gripped your broom tightly, waiting for Madam Hooch to release the Quaffle, Snitch, and Bludgers from the central circle. Even though the wait mustn't have been long, you felt as if you'd been hovering in the air for hours. 

Calm down, (y/n). Everything will be fine, you took a deep breath. I'm on the team for a reason. Everything will be just fine. I'll get the Quaffle before anyone else can... Just calm down.

Your eyes seemed to sharpen, and all unnecessary distractions were blocked from your view as Madam Hooch threw the Quaffle in the air. The game had started. Alongside Ansel and Ambrose, you soared towards the leather ball, going fast but being careful not to crash against the Ravenclaw chasers, who were also after the Quaffle.

Ansel was the one to take a hold of it, and he retreated from the center of the field, flying in the direction of the Ravenclaw goal hoops. You and Ambrose looked at each other for a second before following after him, determined to keep the ball from falling into Ravenclaw's hands. 

"(Y/N), AMBROSE!" Ansel exclaimed over the whistling sound of the wind, "HAWKSHEAD FORMATION!"

The two of you flew closer to Ambrose who still had a hold of the Quaffle, and flew in a triangular shape to force the Ravenclaw chasers aside. Ambrose and you retreated as Ansel entered the scoring zone and threw the Quaffle, which went into the left goal post before the Ravenclaw keeper could intercept it.

He flew back towards the center of the pitch, first-bumping you on the way. "That's ten points in the first two minutes," Ansel grinned proudly. "We'll definitely clear our name from last Inter-House Cup."

"That's for our match against Gryffindor," you mentioned, hovering sideways to avoid an incoming bludger. "The game's just started, let's get as many points as we can until Regulus finds the Snitch."