Dance duels

Sirius and you were dancing the night away between waltz and stolen kisses. You two had danced into your own little world, with no concern or second thought to what was going on around you. His gaze never left yours as your steps synced on the dance floor, moving as if you only were one.

It was magical, the best feeling in the world. Nothing could ruin it-

"OUCH!"

The ethereal world for two crumbled away in an instant as a sharp pain shot through your foot. Sirius jumped back in an instant and pulled you away from the crowded dance floor without giving you a second to process what had happened.

"Are you okay, love?" he exclaimed as he pulled a chair from one of the tables near the buffet, nearly pushing you to sit on it. "Merlin and his white frizzy beard, what've I done!"

You grabbed his hand and squeezed it to make him stop rambling and pacing around, and his full attention fell on you. "You only stepped on my foot," you told him reassuringly, "nothing else happened, so calm down, okay?"

"Nonsense, (y/n)." Sirius shook his head, brushing back his hair with his hand. "Stay here, I'll get some ice. I always forget my wand when I need it!"

"Uh Sirius, you're reaching alarming levels of overreaction. My foot doesn't even hurt, there's no need for-"

"Don't stand up, I'll be back in a second!" He called out as he ran towards the large open doors of the Great Hall, disappearing within the crowd of students.

Did he just..? Yes, yes he did, you sighed, facepalming before leaning back on the chair, taking off one of your shoes to inspect the minimal damage on the material. Your foot was in absolutely no pain, but you remained where you were for Sirius' sake. He just looks so determined to make things better, so why not.

"What a pitiful scene you're showing." A voice whistled from behind your back, and Regulus stepped in front of you. 

He was dressed in a signature all-black dress shirt with matching dress pants and leather shoes, the clothes fit him like a glove. It was no exaggeration to say that the Black siblings were entitled to claim the color. 

"Shall we dance, (y/n)?" Regulus slightly bowed forward, a cocky aura lingering around him. "I know you're not really hurt."

"Yeah, no kidding I'm not... I see you're making a move now that Sirius is not here." You raised an eyebrow as you put your heel back on. "As expected of a cunning Slytherin like you, Regulus."

"I'll take that as a yes for my offer." He outstretched his hand towards you. "Let's dance like we used to."

"...That doesn't bring good memories," you cleared your throat, gripping the silky material of your clothes as you looked at his shoes instead of his eyes.

Regulus crouched in front of you to get a glimpse at your face with a meek reassuring smile and placed his hand on your shoulder carefully. "I promise you nothing bad will come out of tonight. Only good memories this time, okay? I... miss having moments like this with my dearest friend."

"Don't look at me with that face." You frowned, meeting his gaze once again. Regulus' eyes were stoic like always, but they had a glimpse of pitifulness in them this time. "...I hate how convincing you can be."

"What a shame for you," he hummed contently, standing back up along with you before delicately grabbing your hand and pulling you into the dance floor. "I've been looking forward to this."

"I didn't see you as the type to openly admit that," you smiled, syncing your steps with his as a new song's rhythm filled the Great Hall. 

"Neither did I." Regulus shrugged. "I suppose it's never too late to surprise myself."