Dogs and Stags

The ginger-haired girl locked arms with you, which meant you had no way to escape this situation. "You're not going anywhere," Lily smirked. "At least not until my curiosity is satisfied."

"It's too early for this," you yawned. 

"Well you're awake, so that's your problem," she shrugged and began walking, pulling you along with her. 

"There really is no escape from this," you chuckled. "Why are you awake at this hour, though? On a Saturday."

"I could ask you the same thing," Lily said. "Rem and I are prefects. For some reason, that somehow means we sometimes have to wake up early on weekends. What's your excuse?"

"Ugh, no. What a torture must it be to be a prefect," you grumbled at the thought. "I was looking for a friend with Remus' help. Thought I might start my search early so I could have the rest of the day free."

"Did you find them?" she asked. 

"I did. I just came back from a talk with her, actually," you nodded.

"Great! And now you'll have a talk with moi," Lily hummed. "Look at you, being a social butterfly."

"I am not a social butterfly. And if I am, my wings have been cut off. Torn into little pieces, so, unfortunately, I cannot fly anymore," you said casually.

"Wow. Nevermind. You're actually the pinnacle of oddness," she laughed. "You're more like a moth or something."

"What is up with everybody trying to see what animal I'd be?" you grumbled under your breath. "Lily, just where are we going, exactly?"

"The library, my dear (y/n)," Lily chanted as she strode down the hallways with energy. 

Thank gosh I ate that muffin, and the sugar is finally getting to me. Or else Lily would have to drag me to the library, you thought. "If I had known. I was actually in the library not long ago with Remus."

"I know. I saw him coming back to the common room," she nodded. "He'll probably go back to sleep if Sirius and James allow that to happen."

"So I've been told. They're really so cruel," you laughed. "Remus should hex them."

"He doesn't have the heart for that," Lily said. "No, actually, he does. But James has a stash of chocolate he uses to get out of trouble with Remus. Works most of the time."

"Chocolate bribery?" you cocked your eyebrows. "I'd accept the food but hex them anyways."

"Now who's the cruel one?" she nudged your side. 

"In my defense: I'm a Slytherin," you shrugged as the two of you walked through the doors of the Hogwarts library. "It's not cruel, it's cunning."

"How- you know what, nevermind," Lily shook her head with a smile. "Ah! Early weekend mornings at the library are the best. All the best and most comfortable places are always free, and there are no loud first years gossiping between shelves."

"Can't disagree with that logic," you said. "The same thing happens in the Slytherin common room. Especially in these cold months, reading by the fireplace on a comfortable couch is the best, especially since everyone's still sleeping."

"I wish I had that type of peace and quiet. For at least ten minutes," she awed. "But I have a clingy and loud boyfriend."

"Mhm. Not sure you're complaining about that, though," you wiggled your eyebrows.

"Indeed I am not," Lily replied. "He's a clingy guy, but he's my clingy guy."

"If I'm the pinnacle of oddness, you're the pinnacle of loving James," you commented.