Seventh year

The brick wall between platforms nine and ten in King's Cross station felt welcoming, inviting you to run through it to get to the magical station waiting beyond it. You held onto your trolley's handle tightly, feeling your heartbeat accelerate as adrenaline rose within you.

"I still can't believe it! Miss (y/n), you're off to your last year at Hogwarts!" Mildred exclaimed, drying her cheeks with a handkerchief. 

"Mildred, please keep your composure adequate," Claude sighed, closing his eyes for a few seconds as he shook his head. 

"It's not like I'm never coming back," you tittered, looking over your shoulder towards your handmaiden and your butler. "I'm just going to Hogwarts again."

"I know that miss," she sniffed. "I watched you grow up, and it feels like yesterday that you were standing here, about to leave for your first year at Hogwart, and now you're heading to your last."

"Please be prepared for your N.E.W.T exams this year, miss (y/n)," Claude intervened. "Though we have no doubt you'll do wonderfully."

"Thank you. I'll make sure to live up to your expectations," you nodded, looking straight ahead while taking a deep breath. "I'll see you two in December."

Without another word said, you pushed your trolley towards the brick wall, stepping into the magical platform 9 ¾. The large locomotive of the Hogwarts Express felt welcoming, inviting you towards a new and final year at Hogwarts.

"I missed this feeling," you sighed, closing your eyes to take in the familiar scent of the platform before walking further into it. 

You had longed for the joyful crowd of parents and students, the countless trolleys filling the platform, and the magical feel of the place after the dull last week of summer. Going back to Hogwarts meant going back home, and you really needed to feel the warmth and safety of that castle.

"(Y/N)!!!" a familiar voice exclaimed as a pair of arms wrapped around your shoulders from behind. "Found you!"

"AH- DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" you gasped, turning around while still being within their grasp. "You just love sneaking up behind me, don't you, Sirius?"

"Admit you don't mind the thrill," he grinned. "Do I get a kiss because of how much you've missed me?"

"I saw you a few days ago."

"Stop being so complicated, I know you're dying to kiss me," Sirius huffed, rolling his eyes. "Do I get a back to Hogwarts kiss, then?"

"Well if you're going to insist, who am I to decline," you hummed, laying a soft kiss on Sirius' lips as he closed his eyes. 

"Not sure how I felt about that, I'm going to need you to give me another one just in case," he raised an eyebrow with his eyes still closed.

"I condone your efforts," you tittered before kissing him again with a hand on his cheek. "Happy?"

"It'll do for now," Sirius shrugged, opening his eyes before unwrapping his arms from your shoulders.

"Out of my way, Sirius. If anything, I missed (y/n) the most!" Lily- who was jogging towards you alongside James, Remus, and Peter- ordered. 

"Lily!" you grinned, opening your arms to invite her for a hug, which she gladly accepted. "Was I really that missed? Not that I'm surprised."

"Please don't manifest your inner Sirius," she laughed, rocking from side to side in the hug before parting from it.

"(Y/n), it's good to see you," Remus hummed, straightening his robes. "Did you not get enough sleep lately? You look tired."

"Yeah, the last week of summer was... busy."