Speculum Nexum

Nothing happened.

You scrunched your nose and frowned, sitting up on your bed with the mirror in hand. "Uhhh... Speculum Nexum, Sirius Orion Black..?" you repeated, clearing your throat, and again, nothing. "LISTEN HERE YOU STUPID MIRROR: BLOODY SPECULUM NEXUM, SIRIUS ORION BLACK!"

The glass swirled around in an inwards spiral, changing into blurry colors before focusing the clear image on the other side of the mirror. Violence is the answer, I see, you thought with a content smirk. 

You could no longer see your reflection. Instead, someone else's face- a face you had missed seeing very much- appeared. "(Y/N)!!!!!!!" Sirius' voice came from the mirror. 

"Sirius!!!!!!" you exclaimed, mimicking his enthusiasm. "Hello!"

"Good afternoon, my beloved!" he called out, brushing his hair away from his eyes. "Oh, how I've missed hearing your voice and seeing your face, (y/n)."

"How dramatic of you. It's been three weeks."

"Exactly. It's like a third of summer vacation. That's too long," he pouted, leaning his cheek on his hand. "How have you been, love?"

"Calm," you hummed. "As you know, it's been raining for a whole week non-stop here, so Regs and I have turned to indoor activities... It's fun, but the days get long, though. What about you? It's not like you've told me anything about your summer in the letter I received."

"Well, that's because I would rather say it than write it to you," Sirius shrugged with a grin. "We're all at Wormtail's homestead."

"Oh? I didn't know Peter had a farmhouse."

"Yeah, it's his grandparents' house, actually. We all decided to spend summer here to get a breath of fresh air."

"When you say 'we', who are you talking about? Peter, James, Remus, and you?" you asked, leaning the mirror against the headboard. 

"And me!" another voice exclaimed as a hand pushed Sirius' face out of the frame. "Sirius, you didn't tell me you were talking to (y/n)!"

"Lily!" you exclaimed.

"(Y/n)!" she echoed. "You have no idea how glad I am to talk to someone who has more than three brain cells, which they all share."

"Even Remus?"

"Unfortunately, Remus' brain is absolutely charred after spending so much time with these troublemakers."

"My condolences," you laughed as the mentioned boy appeared in the glass. 

"Oh! (Y/n)! Hello," Remus said before biting into some chocolate. "How have you been? How's your summer?"

"Remus!" you grinned. "It's been great so far. How's yours? Not too tired of being with James and Sirius all the time?"

"When am I not with them all the time?" he retorted. "It's not as exhausting as you might think. Their excess energy is absorbed by those around them, we could say."

"Rem's right. We can't really complain about them being so... full of life," Lily laughed. 

"Talking about those two, where are they? Did you steal the mirror from Sirius?" you asked.

"Uh... maybe?"

"LILY! GIVE IT BACK!" Sirius exclaimed, forward rolling into view. "I wanted to talk to (y/n)! All of you are a second priority!"

"Hey! That's not fair! I want to talk to (y/n), too!" James appeared from behind the view of the mirror, sitting further away from it so all four of them could fit in the frame. "Oi, (y/n)! How's it going?"