His body; a canvas

The Room of requirements had become a meeting place that Sirius and you frequented often whenever you had time off studying and classes. You had changed your strict schedule to accommodate time for the people you held dear, as it was true that you had neglected your relationships ever since you had begun to prepare for the N.E.W.Ts.

Today, Sirius had been a lot more insistent on spending time with you, and now that you were together, you finally understood why. He smirked at you constantly, flashing the hoop labret piercing on the left side of his mouth that he had gotten over the weekend. 

"You're going to keep flaunting it, aren't you?"

"Of course I am." He nodded. "I've always wanted to get one of these. It'll piss off my old folks too, that's another great thing about it."

"I bet you're really happy about that," you snickered, leaning back on a cushion from the decor of the room of requirements that Sirius had imagined. "Make sure you don't get hit in the face with a bludger in the upcoming Quidditch match, or it'll cut your lip."

"If that happens I'm sure you'll take great care of me," Sirius hummed, crossing his arms behind his head.

His semi-buttoned shirt slid off his shoulder, and you glanced at the tattoo of your name in ancient runes that adorned his skin with a small blush on your cheeks. Oh, how you loved that tattoo. Knowing Sirius was committed enough to get it made you feel inexplicable things. 

You reached out and grazed your fingers over his skin, following the shape of the ink. Sirius shivered at the touch of your cold hand which made you pull away, but he placed his hand over yours to keep it in place.

"Do you like it that much?" Sirius asked when you wouldn't take your eyes off the tattoo.

"Yes."

"I like yours too." He leaned forward and tugged your shirt to the side to kiss your collarbone, where the Canis Major tattoo you had gotten was.

You gasped in surprise and hid your face with your hands in embarrassment as Sirius pulled away with an amused look. He hunched lower to take a look at you from below, smiling up at you. "You still get flustered over something like this, (y/n)?"

"Don't let it get to you. Anyone would react this way." You rolled your eyes and cleared your throat as you uncovered your face, which was still exponentially reddened. "You're just used to it, that's all."

"Hm, I admit it's a natural talent I've refined quite well, if I do say so myself," he mocked and laid his head on your lap.

His shuffling had moved his shirt even more, and you caught a glimpse at the tip of an illustration on his chest. "Hey... Did you get more?" you asked, pointing at a semi-exposed tattoo that you had never seen before.

"I did..." Sirius moved away from you and looked down at it before staring back at you with an apologetic look. "I've been meaning to tell you but there wasn't a good opportunity to do so, I'm sorry."

"Let me see them."

He let out a low hum as he unbuttoned the rest of his shirt and slipped it off his shoulders, tying his hair back so his torso would be fully exposed. You stared at him in silence, eyeing the new tattoos, which were a lot more than you had thought. 

Once again, you reached out your hand and touched the most noticeable tattoo on his sternum, following the shape with your fingers. "The alchemical symbol for amalgamation..." you mumbled to yourself. 

You trailed your hand to the tattoos on either pectoral, drawing out the shape of the tattoos again. "This is the Nordic rune gar-" your gaze flickered from left to right- "and the other is one of the three icy runes... naudiz, I believe."

He had a few other tattoos which you couldn't decipher the meaning of that circled the bicep of his arms in spirals. They left a lot of distance between the tattoo of your name as if it claimed the entirety of his shoulder to itself, which was a detail you were quite fond of.

"Piercings, tattoos... Your body is like a canvas." You brushed your fingers down his arms before grabbing his hands, drawing circles on his palms. "I like it."

"Are you saying I'm a work of art?" Sirius taunted. "Well if that's the case, I really hope you're an artist." 

You looked back up at his face, which was heavily blushed from ear to ear considering he was the one flirting. At the sight of his expression, you couldn't help but become aware of what you had done in a less innocent way, which made your cheeks heat up quickly as well. 

"...Ummm, I- uh..." you cleared your throat and quickly touched his forehead with your palm out of impulse. "Wow, you're really warm."

"Anyone would be this way after that." He mirrored your previous words, letting his hair loose. "...You really are something, (y/n) (l/n)."

"...Sorry."

"Sorry?" Sirius repeated as a small smirk tugged his lips. "Oh no, no, no. Don't be sorry, I really enjoyed it. Feel free to do that anytime."

Speechless, the only thing you could do was bury your face in your hands once again to avoid his gaze. Sirius knew exactly what to say to make you feel bashful at any given time, even right after you had been the one to fluster him.

"Don't say things like that," you mumbled.

"Why not?" He grabbed your wrists to uncover your face before lifting your chin up with one of his hands. "I'd love it if you could do it again soon."

"Hey!"

Sirius snickered as your face reddened even more before ruffling your head. You scowled at him but didn't move his hand as he cupped your cheek and drew you in for a routine kiss. "You're just so fun to mess with, (y/n). I love breaking through your tough intimidating exterior."

"I could say the same thing about you and your... philanderer antics," you scoffed.

"Philanderer... PHILANDERER?!" He exclaimed an aghast expression, jumping back. "Oi, I thought we had moved on from that vision of me! You should know I'm only like this with you, my love!"

You miserably held in a laugh at his reaction and grabbed both his cheeks to get his attention. "Don't worry, I know you changed."

"Yeah, you should be very aware I have eyes for one person and one person only," Sirius grumbled.

"Let me guess, yourself?"

"...Okay, I have eyes for two people and two people only." He grinned as you stood up. "Hey, where are you going?"

"I promised I'd show up to the Slytherin study group tonight," you said as you picked up your things from the Room of Requirements. "I won't hear the end of it from Ansel if I bail."

"That chaser has guts to complain and cut our time short." Sirius crossed his arms with a scowl.

"You'll see how those guts help defeat Gryffindor in the upcoming match," you mocked as you kissed Sirius' forehead before ruffling his hair. "Will you stay here?"

"Not if you're leaving." He stood up and slipped his shirt back on, following you towards the exit of the room. "Since you're bailing on me, I'll make chaos and cause trouble."  

☆☆☆AUTHOR NOTE☆☆☆

This chapter wasn't included in my original plan for the rest of the seventh year timeline, but it seemed befitting to include it. 

Smut < whatever the heck this is

THE AMOUNT OF RESEARCH I HAD TO MAKE ON RUNES TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL THIS MAN HAS TATTOOED ON HIS BODY IS SOMETHING. I researched most of the ones Sirius has tattooed (which aren't all mentioned in this chapter) and let me tell you THAT IT'S SO WELL THOUGHT OUT, I AM VERY IMPRESSED.

-Camille