Bludgers and Hufflepuffs

You had been studying for herbology for over two hours, and you were dying of hunger, but you remained loyal to your word and waited for Regulus to get back from his Quidditch practice. The ticking of the clock became louder, and each second slower as you skimmed through the pages.

Coming across a page that described the mandrake and its properties, only reminded you of the project you had yet to start working on with Sirius Black. That bloody goon. You rolled your eyes. Somehow he always finds a way to ruin my mood. Even when he's not even present. 

" There is no way I'll survive without food if I keep reading this." You sighed and folded the page you left on, placing the herbology book on the table. " I've got to do something more fun." You huffed, standing up, you straightened your robes and headed to your dormitory to change into something comfortable and warm. 

If Reggie's not coming back in a while, I'll go watch his practice. You told yourself mentally, planning in your mind a warm attire so the coldness of November wouldn't bother you.

You had brought a couple different outfit choices, because you didn't really like the typical robes, they weren't the most comfortable. And the skirt was hateful, but you never complained about it to anyone, except to Regulus.

You also knew that Novembers in Hogwarts gave no mercy, and that it was going to be cold. Skimming through your crate of clothes, you came upon a pair of black sweatpants and a warm green sweater, which you gladly put on. 

Maybe Regulus is going to be cold after his practice. You told yourself thoughtfully as you found one of the sweaters you had... permanently borrowed from him, bringing it with you just in case Reggie had forgotten to bring warm clothing to his practice. 

You walked out of the common room and up the stairs of the dungeons, making your way to the Quidditch field. The cold air hit your face as you buried your neck in your sweater. " Stupid November cold." You huffed to yourself as you climbed up the stairs to the tall elevated bleachers, where you noticed you weren't the only one watching the Slytherin team practice. There was another girl, that looked one or two years younger than you, sitting in one of the benches, reading.

You recognized her Hufflepuff scarf, which was slightly hidden by the large book she held a couple inches away from her face. She seemed to be paying little to no attention to the game, and you pondered why she wasn't inside, sitting by the fire, wrapped in blankets instead of reading in this cold environment. You were walking towards her, because where she sat was the best view towards the Quidditch field, and you noticed something flying towards the Hufflepuff. 

Bloody hell, it's a  bludger... you cursed mentally as you ran to warn the girl, but instead ran right into her and pushed her out of the way before she got hit in the face with the ball. 

The girl shrieked at the sudden impact, as you both now laid on the ground, her things scattered around the bleachers. Standing up, you dusted off your outfit and picked up the girl's glasses, which had fallen off her face, and she was desperately looking for them.

" Here." you handed her the frames, which she blindly took with her eyes shut together.

Once she put them on, her dark brown orbs opened and she looked at you, " thank you." She muttered shyly and started gathering her fallen things, which you hadn't noticed because of the book she had been reading. 

You kneeled back down and started picking up her loose pieces of paper before they blew away. " Sorry for pushing you to the ground. I don't know if you noticed, there was a bludger heading your way." You said, handing her stuff back as you both stood up. 

" Oh. Sorry, I hadn't. I was too intrigued reading! Thank you for saving me, though. I really appreciate it." She said, and you weren't sure if she was saying it jokingly or if she was serious. 

" No worries." You smiled. " What were you reading? That's a big book."

She took the book from under her arm and showed you the cover, you couldn't recognize the name or the author. " It's what you'd call a muggle book! They're quite interesting." She said, smiling at the book. Yes: smiling at it. 

Without meaning to, you had backed away one step when she had said anything related to muggles. Not that you wanted to, but you had been raised that way, it was an instinct you strived to get rid off once you would be leaving the (l/n) manor. 

" I'm Dafne, by the way." She said, extending her hand for you to shake it. 

" (Y/n)." You replied briefly, shaking her hand.

" Well, I'd aught to leave before it's too late to eat dinner." Dafne chuckled and walked past you on the bleachers. " I hope to see you around, (y/n)!" She said from behind you, and you nodded.

That was an odd encounter. You told yourself, sitting on the bleacher. I'd never met someone so... enthusiastically sweet. But after all, she's a Hufflepuff

Out of the blues, someone had flown dangerously close to the bleachers you were sat at. You stood up quickly, focusing on whoever from the Slytherin team was foolish enough to do something so dumb. Except, when you took a better glance, the Quidditch uniform wasn't a green and silver one, it had been red and gold. 

Oh no, for Salazar's sake. Not this. You lamented and rolled your eyes, standing up, heading towards the Quidditch pitch, where you saw the Gryffindor Quidditch team entering the small stadium, and some of the Slytherins getting off their broom to walk imposingly towards their rival team, claiming their rightful territory for the evening. 

Once you were down the stairs of the bleachers, you could already hear the argument heating up between the two teams. As you entered the Quidditch pitch, you were welcomed by the almost physical fight between Regulus and Eoin Wiggins, the Gryffindor's Quidditch team keeper. 

" Are they serious?! This again?" You huffed under your breath.

" No. I'm Sirius." Chuckled a voice from behind you, making you jump in place as you turned around to see who it had been to speak, even if you knew.

There was only one person that was enough of a goon to say something so stupid. Rolling your eyes, you scowled and lifted your face, so it was looking right into those captivating grey eyes. " What do you want, you twit?" You huffed annoyingly.