Graduation

It was over. All the times you had walked down the halls of Hogwarts and stared out the large windows towards the Great Lake; the study sessions in the Slytherin common room; the victory parties of Quidditch matches; the butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks during the weekends; the long projects that professor Slughorn used to set students up... it had been the last time you would experience them.

The last day of the school year had dawned upon Hogwarts on a warm June day. The N.E.W.T exams had ended, you had been top of the class in most topics, which was a relief. Your bags were packed, your dorm room was empty, and the overall ambiance of the castle looked ready to be deserted for the summer. 

The end-of-term feast had happened the night before, with Ravenclaw winning the house cup and Slytherin the Quidditch Inter-House cup. The graduation ceremony wouldn't start for another while, and you had spent the day wandering around the halls and bidding your goodbyes to acquaintances you encountered. The time between the two events seemed to have stopped, and it could almost feel like any other normal day.

You had reached the seventh floor of the castle and had decided to wait in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady with one goal in mind. The minutes seemed endless as you stared at the painting from across the hall, impatiently waiting for a student to leave. 

A fourth year and her friends had walked out of the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, and you intercepted them, grabbing the girl's arm. "Give me the password."

"Huh?!" She was taken back as fear spread through her face at the sight of yours. The (l/n) intimidation was in effect. 

"Listen, I'm graduating in a few hours, so does it really matter?" you huffed, letting go of her. "Give me the password... please."

With hesitation, the girl whispered the password to the Fat Lady, who glared at you for intimidating the Gryffindor before reluctantly opening the door of the common room. You side smiled at the student before she and her friends ran off while you ventured into the small tunnel behind the portrait.

Thankfully, the common room was almost empty, and the only students inside were too young to even think about confronting you for being in there. Oh, come on... they have to be in here. I've searched everywhere else. You looked around the room before your eyes fell on a group that had taken over the furthest corner.

"OAHH- (y/n)!" James exclaimed as he tried hiding what the four of them were doing. "How'd you get in here?" 

"Don't focus on the trivial details," you said as you reached your hand out to Sirius. "Come with me, I need to talk to you."

Sirius looked at you in confusion as he took your hand to stand up, looking back at his friends. You stared back at him and the rest of the Marauders, who had disappointment drawn on their features. It was obvious they didn't want to let their friend go from what they were orchestrating.

 "I'm not going to sabotage the last prank you'll do in Hogwarts if that's what you're worried about," you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. "I promise I'll return him soon."

"...Fine! 10 minutes max-" James was interrupted by Remus hitting the back of his head. "Actually, please take your time."

You pulled Sirius by the sleeve of his shirt across and out of the Gryffindor common room, striding down the halls of Hogwarts towards a secluded area near the Herbology greenhouse, where you knew there would be zero chances of being interrupted.

"What is it, love? Are you feeling alright?" he asked, sliding his hands down your arms as his eyes gazed upon you. "I haven't been able to check up on you lately because of the N.E.W.Ts."