The start of winter break

That morning, you woke up in your Slytherin dorm with the biggest smile on your face. The room was empty, as all of your dormmates had left Hogwarts for the holidays the day before, so you were relaxed and carefree like you had rarely been before in the dorms.

Lily, James, and Peter had also gone home for winter break, as they all had things they couldn't miss, which left Sirius, Remus, and you in Hogwarts for the last holiday in your stay here. It's a shame they couldn't stay, you sighed, getting ready to head to the Great Hall for breakfast, but at least this will be a calmer winter without James and Sirius being joined by the hip without classes to keep them occupied.

You did a quick check to make sure you were ready for the day before heading out of the dorm and down the stairs towards the main area of the common room, where only a few students were still in.

"Good morning Regulus!" you hummed as you strode down the dark green room, stopping a few yards in front of him before turning around quickly. "Wait- what are you still doing here?!"

"Surpriiiiiise," he tittered, doing jazz hands after he set his book on his lap. "Seems you're not the only one spending winter break here at Hogwarts."

"Did it not occur to you to tell me?" you grumbled and headed towards him before stopping in front of the couch where he sat. 

"Not really," Regulus shrugged. "I thought I'd keep the element of surprise to get an amusing reaction from you."

"How very much like you. I should've expected nothing other than that," you shook your head, crossing your arms as a soft smile tugged your lips. 

"Where were you heading in such a good mood?" he asked, opening his book where he had left off.

"Breakfast. Aren't you going there too?"

"Not yet. I have to meet with Augustus and Evan in a few minutes," Regulus said, not looking away from the page he was reading. "Have fun at breakfast. I heard they serve some good things during the holidays."

"Thanks?" you raised an eyebrow and turned on your heel, heading back towards the exit of the common room. 

You had been tempted to ask Regulus why he was meeting up with those two, but you hadn't, as you weren't sure you wanted to know the answer, or that he would even give it to you. He has no reason to lie about that anymore since I'm his accomplice, you sighed, walking down the halls of the dungeon. Though I'm not sure I'd want to know the truth about his meeting either. Hopefully I'm just overthinking things.

The loud buzzing and mumbling of voices talking over each other filled your ears as you stepped into the Great Hall, where students from all different houses sat together at the four tables. It was an uncommon sight to see. While students strictly congregated with people of their own house during the year, this didn't seem to apply to those who stayed at Hogwarts over the holidays.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Sirius called out from within the crowd of students eating breakfast, waving his arm in the air so you could see him. "Over here!"

"What're you two doing up so early?" you asked as you sat next to Sirius and across from Remus on what would usually be the Ravenclaw table. "I thought being on break would mean you'd wake up late and go to sleep even later."

"You think I can do that with Sirius around?" Remus yawned, sipping on his morning drink. "He'd turn into Padfoot and jump on my bed barking as loud as he could to wake me up."

"I know it's Sirius, but even so, don't you think that's not even a little bit exaggerated?" 

"Oh no, I've done it before," Sirius grinned, blowing a strand of hair away from his face. "James tried to do it once but broke the bed since he's a stag."

"Don't remind me. Explaining that to professor McGonagall was a pain," Remus sighed. "How'd you sleep last night, (y/n)? Considering it was the last day of classes."

"Fairly well, actually. Except there was something on my mind," you explained, looking at Sirius with an intimidating stare. "You see, I've spent more time with professor Slughorn lately, and I'm starting to think that you did something about the pairings of the project last year... am I wrong?"

"I- uh- no idea what you're talking about, love."

"I KNEW IT!" Remus exclaimed.

"NO YOU DIDN'T!" Sirius was quick to reply with the same energy.

"Yes, I did. I had my suspicions, turns out they were true," he tittered. "How'd you do it, anyway?"

Your boyfriend shrugged innocently and cut his food, twirling his fork in the air as he spoke, "I might've convinced Sluggy to pair me up with a certain Slytherin in exchange for being on my best behavior throughout the project."

"Huh, that certainly was a lie considering you spent the first month of it doing absolutely nothing productive," you frowned. "And don't call him Sluggy. He's a professor."

"Well, can you blame me?"

"Yes," you nodded bluntly. "That's what I'm doing."

"Oi! That's rude!" Sirius gasped. "Should I remind you who brought a bunch of research pap-"

"What's all this commotion about?" a feminine voice interrupted Sirius as Marlene sat next to Remus. "I'm dying to know."

"We were just saying how irresponsible Sirius was in last year's potion project," Remus hummed.

"Nothing new then," she sighed, leaning her chin on the palm of her hand. "I was hoping to learn something more interesting from you three considering it's the start of break."

"That'll have to wait a few days, Marls. I'm planning something grandiose!" Sirius smirked devilishly.

"Oh Merlin, please no. Is it impossible to have even one normal holiday with you around?" you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose.

"Isn't the answer obvious, (y/n)?" Marlene raised an eyebrow. "Of course there will never be peace and quiet with at least one of them around. Much less two."

"You're right. It's a shame James, Peter, and Lily couldn't stay for winter, but a part of me is a little relieved that all four Marauders are not together," you nodded.

"I see your point, but that's just mean," Remus frowned. "I might just join in on Sirius' 'grandiose idea' now."

"Weren't you going to do that from the start?" he asked, turning his head to the side slightly. 

"No. Getting in trouble so soon was not a plan of mine."

"I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that a certain Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is staying at Hogwarts for the holidays," you hummed and failed at trying to hold back a smirk. 

"WH- no! I- I don't know what you're talking about," Remus exclaimed, hiding his face as Marlene, Sirius, and you laughed at his reaction. "I hate all of you. Very, very much. With a burning passion."

"You didn't deny it though," Sirius added with a tone of fake innocence as he wiggled his eyebrows towards his friend.

"And that's my cue to leave," he grumbled and stood up, taking a last bite of his breakfast. "You've all made this unnecessarily uncomfortable. I never should've told any of you I liked him. I knew it would come to this eventually."

"There's nothing to be nervous about, Rem!" Marlene exclaimed as he started walking out of the Great Hall. "We're all rooting for you two!"

☆☆☆ AUTHOR NOTE☆☆☆

It is once more, time for a winter break arc!!!

Story-wise, it's almost been a year since Sirius made his move to tell (y/n) how he feels... and let's not forget the amazing days spent at the Potter's. I'm aiming to make another memorable winter, but this time spent nowhere other than Hogwarts!!!

I'M SORRY BUT TEASING REMUS FOR LIKING MARCO IS SUCH A HOBBY TO WRITE.

-Camille and ᓚᘏᗢ