News from the Estate

The last week before students would be on holiday break had arrived, and Hogwarts was decorated for Christmas once again. There had been heavy snowfall for the past couple of days, and the whole landscape beyond the magical castle was coated with a white layer for as far as the eye could see.

"Can you put that book down for one second?" Sirius grumbled and leaned his head on your shoulder. "I've barely seen you at all lately. It would be nice if you would pay attention to me now that you have free time."

"DADA is not the only difficult N.E.W.T-level class, you know?" you raised an eyebrow and set the book down next to you. "I've been focusing on my other classes."

"What's up with that, anyway? Are you having trouble with potions and transfiguration or are Minnie and Slughorn your new best friends?" 

"Very funny," you rolled your eyes and stretched your arms. "What about you? Shouldn't you also be focusing on your N.E.W.T classes before winter break?"

Sirius shrugged and laid his head on your lap, taking up most of the space of the couch. "Not really. I'm not taking as many N.E.W.T classes as you, and transfiguration isn't that hard. I still don't get why you would need help. But then again, you seem to be doing a lot of stupid things lately for someone so smart. Like going into the forbidden forest with Marco on the full moon, for example."

"Oh come on, you're still not over that?" you grumbled, running your hand through his hair. "Nothing happened. I don't get why we can't just move on."

"Of course I'm not over it. I still can't believe you did that!" he exclaimed. "You're not an animagus like us, (y/n). That was really dangerous and well, stupid!"

"Yet here I am in flesh and bone, all in one piece," you shrugged. "Oh, and keep your voice down unless you want everyone in the library to know about your little Marauder secret or have Madam Pince kick us out of here."

Four familiar faces appeared from behind a bookshelf and started heading towards you two. It wasn't long before all of the Marauders and Lily were gathered within the two couches facing each other in the corner of the library.

"Thought I heard some couple bickering around here. Guess I was right."

"If it isn't Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, and Prongs, as well as Lily flower," you smirked, scooting to the edge of the couch to make Peter some space. 

"Don't call her that! Only I can!" James stuck his tongue out at you as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. 

"I had suspicions that I was dating a child in the body of a young adult, but you've cleared me of all doubt," she raised an eyebrow, freeing herself from his grasp. "Anyhow, I feel like I've barely seen any of you lately. Marlene and I have been so busy with our N.E.W.T classes, I'm assuming all of us have."

"That's true now that you mention it," Sirius nodded, sliding his arm over the backrest of the couch. "I think I speak for all of us when I say we're doing well, except for (y/n) who seems to have difficulty with transfiguration and potions- oh and Remus too. We all know why."

"Don't you dare bring that up," he scowled, looking up from the closed book he had picked out as Sirius gulped.

"Oh but if Padfoot won't, I certainly will. I mean, how could I not?" James smirked devilishly, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "You wake up in the hospital wing after the full moon, the first thing you see is Marco, and you ask if you're in heaven. I'm sorry mate, but that was just too good not to remember!"

"Give it a rest, James! It's embarrassing enough for Remus as it is. Don't rub it in his face any longer," Lily frowned, hitting the back of his head. "Do you know how much effort he's put into avoiding Marco the best he can? That's not an easy feat."