Destined for greatness

The adrenaline was high, the crowd was wild, and the anticipation was killing you. The month of April had flown by in a hurry between interminable hours of studying, and the long-awaited window to stop N.E.W.T studies came with the last match of the Inter-House Cup.

Quidditch players dressed in red and green had taken over the pitch for the game, both teams impatiently waiting for Madam Hootch to kickoff the match. The destined rivals congregated in their respective sides of the field, making last-minute strategies. Gryffindor vs. Slytherin was the most awaited match of the year aside from being the last one of the season. 

"I'm so ready to kick Gryffondor's ass!" Ansel laughed as he cracked his knuckles. 

"That's a shared sentiment." Regulus nodded as he hovered closer. "We'll make sure we don't repeat the same outcome as last year. Gather around."

The team circled Regulus, awaiting the last words from the captain before the match would start. "I'm not as good as Lucinda when it comes to these speeches, I don't expect you to get a surge of motivation and courage from this," he said, "but I do require that all of you perform to the best of your abilities.

"After our last official match against Gryffindor, the crowd predicts a similar outcome for sure, but don't be discouraged. We practiced endlessly, we've briefed our strategies, and to top it all up: we're Slytherins, our ambition knows no bounds. If you want the sweet taste of victory and revenge, we'll get it. This is our last match with three of our players, so let's make it memorable."

"Lucinda taught you well, captain," Dustan smirked as he swung his beater's bat. "Let's beat Gryffindor and win the Inter-House Cup!"

"We weren't part of the team last year-" Dante referred to him and Agatha- "so seeing the defeat from the stands is something I don't want our house to experience again. We won't let your expectations down."

"I'm sure you won't, but you better not." 

At Regulus' words, everyone nodded with confidence and flew off as the start of the match neared. "(Y/n)," he called out. "Tell me in all honesty, will my brother be a distraction for you during the game?"

"Not a chance. If anything, he's the one I want to beat the most," you smirked, side-eying Sirius who was on the opposite side of the field, flying close to the spectators to high-five them.

"Good, that makes two of us." He nodded. "Do your best."

"Right back at you. Lead us to victory, captain."

The first whistle rang throughout the Quidditch field, signaling that it was time for the players to get into position. You flew in between your fellow chasers, who showed two very different expressions.

"What's up with your anxious face, Ambrose? Aren't you excited from all this built-up adrenaline?" you asked.

"...Are you sure you aren't overestimating me? I'm not as good as you or Ansel," He gulped, wiping his sweating hands on his uniform. "I feel like I'm still not used to synchronizing with you two..."

"Oi, if you tell me again that you can't do this, I'm going to kick you somewhere you're not going to enjoy once the game is over, Greengrass," Ansel grumbled as he crossed his arms.

You glared at him and shook your head, turning back towards Ambrose. "Don't listen to him. You've been doing good so far. Whatever you're lacking in, Ansel and I will compensate for. This is the last match we'll be this trio of chasers, so let's give it all we can and win."

"You know (y/n), I never saw you as the 'older sister' type, but you fit the role pretty well with our Quidditch underclassmen." Ansel grinned. 

"That's because you give them empty threats and I'm the only one here to prevent mental breakdowns now that Lucinda's gone." You rolled your eyes. "Pay attention, it's starting."