Brooms

" NO WAY. NO WAY. NO WAY." James squealed, jumping in place continuously, making some of the wooden floor planks of the porch creak. " MUM! MOTHER! BIRTHER OF ME, DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?!"

" Yes, James, son, child of my own. I did." Euphemia imitated James as she and Fleamont walked towards the door as well. " (Y/n) told us the evening she arrived. I have to admit we were surprised when you told us what you'd gotten James and Sirius."

" I didn't really know what the both of you would like for Christmas, until I saw the brooms showcased in Diagon Alley." You explained.

" (Y/n), do not let this fuel your ego, but Merlin, you're amazing!" Sirius cheered as he jogged towards you with a large smile on his face. " I'm so happy I swear I could kiss you right now."

" You're a lost cause, Sirius. A lost cause." James shook his head as he placed a hand on his shoulder. " I wonder how you're Hogwarts' heartthrob, because other than your looks, there's not much that helps you be a ladies man."

" That is so not true and you know it, mate." Sirius defended.

You laughed and coughed nervously, feeling your cheeks become very warm. Not that you didn't want to kiss Sirius again, but Euphemia and Fleamont where literally right behind you, and it felt a little awkward. No. It felt VERY awkward. " How about you try your brooms first?" You cleared your throat.

" I'll race you, Pads!" James laughed as he ran towards his broom, taking off the bow that was attached to the wood.

" Forget a race, Prongs!" Sirius called out as he did the same as his friend. " 'Bet I can broom surf better than you!"

" You've got yourself a challenge!" James sneered as the two of them mounted their brooms. " But do you really want to go against a Gryffindor chaser?"

" Oh please. I do it all the time." Sirius yawned, taking off a couple feet above the ground. " Gryffindor wouldn't win a single Quidditch match with your ability alone. You need your trusted beater."

" You two have fun." You intervened before they started debating over Quidditch and who was better at it. " And don't fall."

" Us? Fall? You really think that little of us, (y/n)?" James faked being offended. 

" Do you want an honest answer or an answer you want to hear?" You smirked, looking up towards him as he hovered on his new broom in the air. 

" Ruthless." He winced, gripping his chest where his heart was dramatically. " As always."

" Wait, (y/n)! Don't leave!" Sirius interfered. " Don't you want to see how good I am at flying?"

" Eh. Not really." You shrugged, joking. 

" You break my heart, do you know that?" He sighed, more dramatically than James.

" Told you. RUTHLESS." James shrieked.

" You two really live off drama." You rolled your eyes playfully. " But... I suppose I'll stay if that makes you happy, it's Christmas after all."

Sirius and James soared into the air, doing all sorts of maneuvers and Quidditch moves. Some of them seemed very reckless and dumb, but what else could you expect from those two? " You saw that, right, (y/n)?" Sirius called out loudly after he'd performed a series of fast loops. 

" It was hard to miss." You replied, cupping your hands in front of your mouth so he could hear better. " I'll admit it, you two are pretty good... But the Slytherin team is better!"

" No way! You're only saying that because it's your house." He pouted, coming to a stop in mid air. " Hey, didn't you tell me you were good at Quidditch but never played?"