Gryffindor table

I cannot believe I just did that. You shrieked internally. 

Even if on the outside, you seemed as normal as every morning, your mind was a completely different story. It was a mental disaster, and thoughts where running everywhere. I just asked the Marauders if I could sit with them. The freaking Marauders. As in the loud Gryffindors that I've never really hung out with altogether. Oh bloody hell.

The four boys looked at you with a dumbfounded expression, but remained silent, like they where processing what you'd just asked. It was awkward, with you standing there waiting for their approval or denial for a couple moments. 

" Of course, (y/n), take a seat." A female voice broke the silence. 

You turned your gaze towards Lily, who had spoken, and smiled. " Thank you. Is that alright with you four?" You questioned, cocking an eyebrow. 

" Sure. It's no problem." James shrugged, and his three other friends nodded. Honestly, you were surprised it was James that had spoken up. He seemed to be the one that disliked you the most, even if after the events of the Shrieking Shack, his attitude had changed around you, he was nicer.

Clearing your throat, you sat down next to Remus, who had taken his bag off of the seat next to him for you to sit down at, and it wasn't until you where already comfortable that you noticed who was sitting right in front of you: Sirius.

You shook your head slightly to prevent your cheeks from becoming red and put some food on your plate, as well as a cup in which you poured some warm tea. It was silent from that point on. The Marauders engaged in conversation, but less loudly than they usually would, perhaps in an attempt to make you more comfortable.

" Hey (y/n)." Lily caught your attention once more. " Did you rest well yesterday?"

" Surprisingly so. Thank you for asking." You chuckled and nodded your head. " And you? I bet prefect duty can be exhausting."

" I guess I get used to it eventually." She replied. 

" Not to sound rude or anything, but since when are the both of you friends?" James interrupted your conversation, looking at Lily and then at you continuously. " ...Not long." You hesitated to answer, because truth was, you didn't know if you and Lily were really friends, or just classmates that where nice to each other. 

" I helped (y/n) with a little problem not long ago. Nothing major." Evans shrugged, discretely nodding at you. " Yes, you've got a very helpful girlfriend, Potter." You added. 

" Of course. Lily's perfect." He gloated, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. You found their relationship pretty cute. James was visibly head over heals for Lily, and she really liked him too, even if you knew it had taken her years to finally admit it to herself. You admired James for not giving up, because truth was, they made a beautiful couple. 

" Oi stop that mate. You're making me sick." Sirius joked. 

Lily rolled her eyes. " You'll understand some day, Black."

At her words, you drifted your gaze elsewhere, landing it on Remus' book. Looking over his shoulder, you read a bit of the paragraph he was on to clear your mind of the comment that would've obviously made you blush. A lot. 

" W- what are you reading?" You cleared your throat.

" A novel. Here, do you want to see?" Remus handed you the book, but you shook your head. " It's alright. I would hate to interrupt your reading. I know how annoying that can be."

" Hey (l/n), I've got to ask why you've decided to sit with us. I didn't think we were your type of crowd." James asked, receiving a punch on the upper arm from Lily.