Super moon

Professor's Raywood's course was almost over, and the whole class was only a review on one of your third year Defense Against the Dark Arts class, it had been more boring than you'd thought. You had always interested by Lycanthropy, but reviewing the exact same lesson again wasn't as interesting as you would have hoped. 

You didn't understand why Professor Raywood decided to teach about werewolves, when that was a subject for third years. He's probably forgotten his work papers somewhere again, you laughed mentally. 

You kept glancing at James, who kept shifting uncomfortably in his seat beside yours. You didn't mind at first, but it got on your nerves after a while. You tried to concentrate on the lesson you knew by heart, especially when professor Raywood projected the different images on werewolves illustrated in ancient texts. 

" Potter, could you stop shaking nervously please?" You whispered annoyed. " Like, I don't know what the problem is, but if you're scared of werewolves or something, the image won't come to life." You joked while keeping a serious tone. 

James turned to look at you with a frown but a confused look on his face. " I'm not scared." He mumbled. " I'm just... cold?" He said, almost sounding unconvinced himself. 

You looked at him in annoyed disbelief. " Right." You rolled your eyes and faced the projection, hoping class would end sooner. It might almost be winter, but it definitely isn't cold in here, you told yourself.

 "But what do you care, (l/n)? Sod off." James said rudely. 

" Gladly." You rolled your eyes.

He obviously wasn't feeling comfortable about something today, and even if you personally didn't really like him because he was a jerk sometimes, you knew when to show... discrete empathy even after his crudeness towards you. 

The projection ended and the light shone across the classroom. Professor Raywood cleared his throat and walked to the front of the class. " That was it for today. No assignment since this was just a review of a lesson you should all already know from a couple years ago." He said, staring at every row of desks to see if anyone seemed nervous that they didn't know about Lycanthropy, obviously so that Raywood could assign homework. 

You rushed out of the DADA classroom towards your next one, reaching the grand staircases. " What a fantastic way to start a day." You murmured sarcastically, pushing through the small crowd of students gathered in the stairways. 

Someone bumped into you, making you drop one of your books. You frowned as the person picked up what you had dropped, but the scowl left your face as you recognized who it had been. " Dafne?" You side smiled. 

The short Hufflepuff's eyes widened. " Oh my! (y/n)! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you like that!" She rambled.

You placed a hand on her shoulder and genuinely smiled at her. " Don't worry about it. The stairs are pretty crowded today." You reassured. " We seem to be meeting often lately." You added. 

Dafne chuckled. " Yes, you're right. Could it be you're following me?" She joked. " Or maybe that you're following me." You shot back with sass and the both of you laugh.

" What class are you heading off to?" You asked as the staircase stopped moving and everyone on it moved towards the hallway. 

" Care for Magical Creatures!" The Hufflepuff exclaimed excitedly. " Sorry. I just- really like them! When you told me about the Thunderbird, I've never been more happy to attend the class!" She said, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. 

" Well, sorry to disappoint, but I don't think you'll have a one on one encounter with a Thunderbird." You joked, but noticed Dafne saddened a little. " Ummm... I've got Transfiguration. Maybe we can walk there together?" You quickly offered to change the subject.

Just like a toddler, Dafne's expression quickly changed to a happier one and she nodded. " That would be nice! Thank you!" Her smile widened. 

" So, Dafne... Now that we seem to be crossing paths more often, I noticed I've never seen you with anyone from your year." You attempted to make conversation. 

" Yeah, you're right. I don't like to hang out with them much. I find them too immature." She replied, holding her books tightly. 

" Oh? Do you by any chance, know Regulus Black? He's a Slytherin in your year." You cleared your throat. 

" Him? Of course. Everyone knows who Regulus Black is, but not a lot of people actually know him personally. He's the brother of Sirius Black, and well, Regulus is also quite the shady character, if you ask me." Dafne informed me. 

You mentally rolled your eyes, knowing Reggie hated being known as Sirius' brother, and not have a name for himself. " Well, yes. He's also Slytherin's seeker? Advanced fifth year?" You suggested. 

Dafne nodded her head slightly and her eyes widened. " Oh lord! I'm sorry, (y/n). I've seen the both of you hang out. I apologize if I sounded rude while describing him." She babbled. " But, I don't understand, why did you ask me that?" 

You cleared your throat and straightened your robes. " No reason. I just wanted to make sure how Regulus is seen by some of the fifth years." You said. " Have you been studying for your O.W.L's?" You changed the subject rapidly.

" Of course! Since the beginning of the year actually." Dafne replied. 

" But, the O.W.L's are at the end of the year?" You questioned her. 

Dafne shrugged, " I like to be prepared." 

You both arrived in front of the Transfiguration classroom, and you came to an halt. " Well, Dafne. This is where we part ways, only to see each other soon, I presume." You joked. 

" Yes. Well, I'll leave you to it!" Dafne exclaimed. " You sound awfully happy about that." You raised an eyebrow humorously.

" Oh, no, sorry. It wasn't my intention. The thing is, my roommates have invited me to spend the night in the common area of the common room to tell scary stories tonight since it's the full moon!" She clarified. 

" Alright, well. Have fun." You replied. What's the big deal with today? It's only a full moon. You mentally noted. Though it is a super moon tonight.

The Hufflepuff smiled sheepishly and skipped off towards her herbology class, leaving you alone at the entrance of the classroom. A smile tugged at your lips as you loved Transfiguration. It was an odd subject, but it was fascinating. 

As you took a seat, you noticed professor McGonagall was in her cat animagi form, sitting on top of her desk. This obviously reminded you of the potion's project with Sirius, and even if you were pissed at him for ditching you on a work day; the time spend working on the Animagus potion with him had been enjoyable... almost happy. To the point you would secretly admit, only to yourself, that you missed it.

An arm slid over your shoulder and you jumped in surprise, looking to your side to see Regulus was now seated next to you. " Don't scare me like that, you dimwit!" You smacked his arm and he laughed. 

" It's good to see you too, (y/n)." He smirked. " Sometimes I forget we have transfiguration together." You rolled your eyes and took out your quill as professor McGonagall transfigured into her usual self. 

---

At the back of the classroom sat two of the Marauders: Sirius and Remus. And while the tall dirty blonde haired boy took out his materials like everyone else, Sirius was glaring at two Slytherins many desks in front of his, squinting his eyes at them while almost crushing his notebook in his hands, it appeared he was almost growling very silently. 

" Padfoot, you alright?" Remus asked him, but Sirius didn't answer, he just kept staring at the two. Remus was confused: it wasn't like Sirius to act so strange the day of a full moon, he usually was the more carefree of the bunch. He then turned to where the dark haired boy next to him was looking at and raised both of his eyebrows. " Ohhh. I get it." The scarred boy mocked and nudged Sirius' shoulder. 

" Ah, sod off Moony!" Sirius shot back, directing his glance towards his now crumpled notebook.