Kitchens

You walked into the library casually, waving at Madam Pince on the way. Okay. I need a plan now that I think of it. I've got no idea where to find Dafne, or if she's even here, you sighed mentally. 

Carelessly walking down the different aisles, you skimmed books along the way, stopping to take a better look at some of them. The only place you had in mind to find Dafne was at the same place you had found her reading her big muggle book.

You took one last glance at the shelf you were standing in front of before leaving towards the chairs, hoping you'd find Dafne there, or else you knew Regulus would mock you for having such a 'good plan' that didn't even work at the end. 

To your surprise and good luck, there was one short person hidden behind an all too familiar muggle book. You smirked and confidently walked towards the Hufflepuff. " When are you finishing that book? I've seen you with it for weeks!" I said, catching Dafne's attention.

She put the book down on her lap, with a face of surprise. " (Y/n)! You scared me!" She exclaimed. 

You chuckled under your breath. " Sorry, my bad. Now that I think of it, that wasn't such a good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Madam Pince was behind me right now." With those words, you turned your head slowly, ready to encounter the librarian, but she wasn't there. 

" You're lucky." Dafne joked, you nodded. " What can I do for you?"

" I need a favor. It's nothing major, I guess? I don't know. But it's nothing wrong." You cleared your throat. 

" Sure." She shrugged, standing up and putting a bookmark at the page she left off. " What is it?"

" Uh... Do you know how to- theoretically speaking of course, um... access the kitchens, by any chance? I've heard some Hufflepuffs are very good at that." You scratched the back of your neck.

" Theoretically speaking?" She echoed. " Let's say, theoretically speaking, why would you want to smuggle into the kitchens?"

" Well you see, I need hot cocoa." You shrugged. " It's kind of... an emotional situation, and the only way to solve it is over a nice, warm hot cocoa."

" I see, it's an emergency then." Dafne nodded, and so did you. A devilish smile tugged at her lips. " You came to the right person." She smirked. " Smuggling into the kitchens is my specialty."

" Perfect! So you'll help!" You exclaimed happily, exhaling a breath you didn't know you were holding. " Of course I'll help. It will also give me a chance to take some snacks from the kitchen." Dafne chuckled, and the both of you began walking towards the exit of the library, when Madam Pince's silhouette appeared from the neighboring shelf of books. 

" Good evening Madam Pince." You and Dafne said at the same time, almost sounding robotic. The librarian didn't look too happy. Not like she ever did.

" Ladies. Can one of you tell me why there was so much chattering coming from over here?" She looked at the both of you through her glasses. You visibly gulped. It might've been cowardly, but the librarian could be so... creepy sometimes. " We apologize, Madam Pince. (Y/n) was just asking me about a couple books to recommend her about... Mandrakes. Yes, Mandrakes for a school assignment." Dafne cleared her throat, nervously looking at you. 

" Uh... Yes. What she said. I need advice on books about Mandrakes for my potion's project. I'm sure you've seen a couple sixth years coming in here for research on potions?" You added. 

" I'll let you both go with a warning this time. Just because you helped me organize the library last week, Dafne." Pince sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. " Now go on, scurry along." She shooed the both of you with her hands.