Searching

The weekend. The two days of the week you looked forward to the most. The first weekend at Hogwarts ever since the holidays ended had finally arrived, but you wouldn't spend it reading by the fireplace of the Slytherin common room, not this one. You were determined to find someone who you'd tried looking for but had failed weeks before the holidays.

It can't be that hard to find a Hufflepuff if I spend a whole day looking for her, can it? you asked yourself as you headed towards the library, where you had set a meeting point with the only other person you knew could help: Remus.

You gave him a hand wave when you saw him, which he returned with a nod. Remus was reading on a long desk, next to a lamp, but he closed his book as he saw you. "Good morning," you smiled and sat down across from him.

"Morning," he replied. "How was your week?"

"It's odd you're asking, we did see each other a couple of times," you shrugged. "But to answer your question: It was a good week, a long one, but good. Yours?"

"Basically the same," Remus sighed. "Not getting much sleep because two certain idiots with whom I share a dorm wouldn't stop talking and jumping on their beds."

"Now who could that have been?" you laughed silently since you were in the library, and Madam Pince had sharp ears. "Now I feel bad for asking to meet this early on a Saturday."

"It's fine. I'm glad to help with what you need," he said. "So, Dafne, right?"

"Mhm," you hummed, leaning your cheek on your hand. "I never found her before Christmas break, so I'm determined to do it now. Thanks for agreeing to help, Remus."

"Of course," Remus nodded. "I- I actually know where she is, or where she was earlier in the morning, at least."

"You saw Dafne?" you exclaimed, sitting up straight.

"Yes- well, no, not really," he cleared his throat. "It's... complicated to explain, but the thing is: I might know where she is."

"I have a feeling it has to do with another of your 'marauder secrets', so I won't ask," you cocked your eyebrows.

"Curiosity killed the cat," Remus commented.

"But I'm not a cat," you sneered. "According to Sirius, If I was an animagus, I'd be a wolverine."

"No way, he actually said that?" he facepalmed.

"He did," you nodded. "But anyhow, I've already learned a marauder secret this week, so I'll wait before I ask. So: Dafne."

"Right: Dafne," Remus agreed. "It's better if I show you where I last... saw her. It's actually confusing, so follow me."

"Okay..?" you said doubtfully as the two of you stood up and headed towards the exit of the library.

Remus led the way through the hallways which were basically empty, since it was Saturday morning, and students were either sleeping or having breakfast. "This path seems oddly familiar," you mumbled, looking around the hallway.

"We've been here for six years, (y/n). Is there a hallway at Hogwarts which all of us haven't been to?" he asked rhetorically.

"Probably not," you chuckled. "But it's oddly familiar in the sense that I've been here with Dafne. On the way to the... the kitchens!"

"The kitchens?" Remus repeated.

"Oh Merlin, I'm either an idiot or just really distracted, but let's go with the second option," you facepalmed. "How could I not have thought of the kitchens???"