'Le petit Gourmand'

" What's going on in that mind of yours, (y/n)?" Sirius snapped you out of your thoughts as the two of you had been waiting for your food to arrive. 

" Huh? Nothing." You looked at him, since you had previously been staring out the window. That was a lie. There was something on your mind, but you weren't going to tell Sirius that you were repeating on a constant loop in your head the sound of his voice in French. As a matter of fact, there was a small chance you'd tell anyone at all. " I just had my head in the clouds."

" I can see that." He chuckled. 

" Hey! I do that when I'm hungry, okay?" You defended, rolling your eyes. 

" Right. I had almost forgotten you have the appetite of a mountain troll." Sirius mocked with a cocky grin. 

" I do not!" You exclaimed, and he gave you a knowing look. " Okay, maybe I do. But at least I don't have the looks of one."

" Me?! The looks of a mountain troll?!" He seemed extremely shocked by your comment. " I thought you would've said something along the lines of ' you have the intellect of a mountain troll'. But the looks?!"

" I originally was planning on saying that, but I've already said a brain related witty comment. So it wouldn't be original of me to say another one." You shrugged. " Plus, I think this one is more accurate."

" Oi, that's just mean." Sirius grumbled, crossing his arms as he slumped against his chair. 

" Awe, did I hurt your feelings?" You mocked him in the same tone someone would talk to a baby or a very friendly dog. Sirius looked away exaggeratedly, giving you the silence treatment. " You're so childish." You rolled your eyes. " But if you're so insecure abo-"

" I'm not insecure. I mean, have you seen me?" He cut you off. " But continue with what you were saying. I don't mind free compliments, especially from you, dearest (y/n)."

" That just defeats the whole purpose, you twerp." You replied with a blank expression, one of your eyebrows slightly raised. 

" Your point is?" Sirius smirked, leaning his chin on the palm of his hand. 

" Yeah, no." You shook your head. " I am not boosting your ego more than it already is. Not happening."

" You break my heart." He sighed, gripping his shirt with his hand. 

" Tough for you." You shrugged. 

" You wont even compliment me as a Christmas present?" Sirius taunted. 

" Nice try." You chuckled. " I gave you a broom and I'm blessing you with my presence. That's a lot, you know?"

" You're such a Slytherin." Sirius rolled his eyes.

" Well observed." You shot him a sly smirk. " Ah the food." You grinned to yourself as you spotted the Muggle waiter zigzagging between tables with a tray lifted fancily at the height of his shoulder. " I can smell it from here."

" Mountain troll smelling abilities too?" Sirius coughed under his breath with a big goofy smile.

" I heard that." You scowled at him.

" I've no idea what you're talking about." He whistled, avoiding eye contact dramatically. 

The waiter set the food on each of your plates and left, leaving the both of you contemplating the delicious French cuisine. " Bon appetit." Sirius said before taking a bite out of his dinner. 

" You know, I like when you speak French." You commented after swallowing the first bite of your meal, which was delicious. " It sounds nice."

" You finally complimented me, (y/n)." Sirius replied. " Wasn't that hard, was it?"