Malfoy manor

You looked out the window of the carriage as it entered the Malfoy's driveway. It was really beautiful, with albino peacocks on the gardens surrounding the path. " They sure know how to amaze their guests." You chuckled, but no one else in the carriage even acknowledged you had spoken.  

As the carriage came to an halt in front of the large gates of Malfoy manor, a butler opened the doors for you and your parents, helping you down the single step. You took in a deep breath as you began to feel a little nervous: your parents always expected the best behavior coming from you when the family would be at a gathering, and of course, you tried your best, you just hoped it would be enough to please them. 

As your parents locked arms fancily, you strode a little behind them at the side of your mother, like you'd been taught to do, holding your head high in a sign of superiority. Beyond the doors of Malfoy manor were many of the most influential, wealthy, and famous pureblood families, and their opinion mattered, so you had to act like a true (l/n): powerful, wealthy looking, and sophisticated. Three things you'd mastered over the years.

There was classical music playing all around in the background, and the hall was alive with light and people. Women with beautiful gowns, and men with fancy suits all around. A couple well behaved children with their mothers, and people your age who you would never bother socializing with unless necessary. 

" Alister (l/n)." Came a deep voice from in front of you. 

Your eyes met the figure of none other than Abraxas Malfoy. The imposing platinum blonde haired man was a good friend of your father's, and he had barely changed from last time you'd seen him, a couple years ago. 

" Abraxas. Thank you for the invite." Your father nodded. 

" Of course, old friend. Who would I be if the respected (l/n) family would not be invited?" He joked, yet with a serious tone. " Victoria, you look ravishing. Your family designer lives up to the highest expectations."

" Thank you. This gathering is highly beautiful. The engagement party of your son Lucius is most delightful." She complimented. That's how it always was: a bunch of aristocratic purebloods complimenting each other for connections and powerful relations. " The union of the noble house of Black and the influential Malfoy name, such a powerful union."

" We are most pleased with it, yes." Abraxas nodded. " Miss (Y/n), it must've been years since the last time you have visited the manor. You have grown."

You smiled fancily. " Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. It has been much time since my last visit, yet the manor looks as amazing as it always has." There it was again, another compliment to make everybody happy. 

" What a well behaved daughter you have, Alister. I am sure the (l/n) family will be gifted with a powerful union as well." He turned his attention back towards your father. " If you'll excuse me, I must go welcome the other guests. We shall talk over the evening, of course." 

As Abraxas left, you followed your parents around as purebloods greeted your parents and you and visa versa. You couldn't leave just yet, not until you'd salute every acquaintance of the (l/n) present at the party.

" (Y/n)." Someone called your name. You turned around to be met by platinum hair once again, this time coming from Abraxas' son, who was with his fiancée. " Lucius." You smiled. You were genuinely happy to see him, since it had been years since last time you had.

" I'd heard of the (l/n)'s arrival at the manor, so I came searching for you. I have to admit you've changed since last time I saw you, (y/n). You are not the child that followed me around everywhere." He joked, but didn't chuckle.

" Of course not, that would be embarrassing." You said.

" How silly of me, I was forgetting my good manners!" Lucius uttered. " This is my fiancée, Narcissa Black, soon to be Malfoy."